What´s The Most Strange & Bizzare Food you ever had in Los?

crazyswede

.. or in Asia or you home country for that matter? 555

For about 10 years as a tourist i tasted grashoppers and other bugs some time "just like every body else" i ques, anything with a little salt , oil and chilli on is tasty specially when drunk , right?
Think1

Last 2-3 years ive´extended my menu with Rat , Snake and even a couple of Dogs.

Rat was a stew actually served by a local Doctor , went for seconds even if i didn´t like the small bone pcs. but thats the same with all thai food if the cook got a big knife *chop chop and crush*

Snake was a mistake , thought i found some sort of hamburger in the kitchen on my way to the toilet , put my mouth full and went where i was going , hum tasty but a bit too crunchy , damned bones. Went for seconds on my way back to my room , asked wife if she had made burgers and from what this morning.
No that´s grannie who been cooking snake she replyed .. woohoo! :eek:

Best dog i ever had was called ... no , best dog i eat was cooked by wife´s cousin , we had to cook it at a neighbours house as this isnt that "clean" and nobody like to talk about it. Funny thing was many people turned up for a bite later same evening.
This dog after 1-2 days hangin´ was even better , soft meat and all herbs , chilli , oil and stuff was really sunk in to the meat.

ThumbUp6

Heard they eat newborn calf shit some where in Issan *puke* and when i told wife about that she said they do that around here sometime too.

ShitHappens1
Think its time to stop this and stick to the Makro menu. 5555

ps. Usually alcohol have been present with the above meals.

Deep fried frogs penis'

As a life-long Biology teacher you would expect me to inform you that frogs do not have penises. The males release sperm through a single opening at the rear of the body, the cloaca, and they fertilise the eggs out there in the water.

This begs the question Danny.......if all this is true.....what the hell were you eating that they described as frog's penis.....could have been even worse!!

Sunday Roast............

That's pretty way out, GL!

The most barbaric food I've had in Thailand (or elsewhere, come to that) is pate de foie gras, but it happens to be delicious!

If you want to know why Isan people eat insects, read Pira Sudham's books. But what was a recourse in times of scarcity has since become a delicacy/

I would never willingly eat dog meat, though I wonder if killing it by beating it to death is actually kinder than leaving it, diseased and starving, to die a lingering death. In our village, stray dogs do not last long.

As a life-long Biology teacher you would expect me to inform you that frogs do not have penises. The males release sperm through a single opening at the rear of the body, the cloaca, and they fertilise the eggs out there in the water.

This begs the question Danny.......if all this is true.....what the hell were you eating that they described as frog's penis.....could have been even worse!!

Maybe it was a toads fallas ? would that give me warts though ? Cry3.

I would never willingly eat dog meat, though I wonder if killing it by beating it to death is actually kinder than leaving it, diseased and starving, to die a lingering death. In our village, stray dogs do not last long.

None of the meals i wrote about i prepared or catch my self , about the dogs i only know "young boy" around here use to go to some nearby village and i gues steal and kill one .. and of cos alot of Lao Kao is involved to make them brave.
ThumbUp6
Dog meat BTW cant be that bad , isnt it very popular in HK and China for example?

I've eaten some crazy shit in my time but there is definately nothing more honking than Balaaa. That stuff is disgusting on another level.

It will totally destroy your day, Lukey, when our resident Biology teacher (johnb) reports that fish do not actually have fingers. So what are you putting in those sandwiches that you love so much?

Of course they have fingers! How else do they wipe their arses?

I've eaten some crazy shit in my time but there is definately nothing more honking than Balaaa. That stuff is disgusting on another level.

As im not a Facebook fan i refuse to go futher with this Balaaa thing :frown:

Balaaa Nilaaa... !!! | Facebook
www.facebook.com/.../Balaaa...-/13106... - Cachad - Översätt den här sidan
Balaaa Nilaaa... !!! is on Facebook. To connect with Balaaa Nilaaa... !!!, sign up for Facebook today. Sign UpLog In · Like · Create a Page · Privacy · Terms ...

Back