What is your favourite Thai restaraunt in Surin

Agreed........and for only a couple or three hundred baht extra you can get a private karaoke room and sing away to Thai and Farang classics. Great place for a party.

This could well be what I call Betty's....sounds like Be-tee. It is used a lot by Thai Chinese families for birthdays and other group celebrations.

Opposite the road leading into Surin Plaza near TOT, well before the Post Office, there is a mini-arcade of shops. I think there is a booze shop nearest the entrance. From the road you wouldn't know the restaurant was in there. At the inner end of this arcade is the restaurant. No frills but a place for serious eating! Always busy.

A group of 4 of us went to Betty's last night. It is some time since I have been and it was this thread that reminded me to try it again. It was excellent.

They have their own private car park across the road and down a tiny soi with a uniformed little man with a torch to guide you across the road to the restaurant as you arrive and leave.

We ordered tom yam potec, a fried fish, the house roast duck, pad kaprow moo, chicken cashew, a prawn spicy salad and some spring rolls. All seven dishes were excellent. The duck was fabulous and done in an unusual way, crispy on the outside (skin?) and moist inside. Waters, cokes and a beer for me...total bill 1200 baht.

The Thai lady who was our guest was born and brought up in Surin though she now lives and works most of the year in Germany. In her opinion it is the best Thai food in Surin.

Yes it's very nice food indeed mate !
Not been for a while might go there this weekend , the menu is in Thai English and Chinees .

Agreed........and for only a couple or three hundred baht extra you can get a private karaoke room and sing away to Thai and Farang classics. Great place for a party.

Farang songs eh? I didn't know that. Next time I'm there I will have to reserve the karaoke room then lol.

A group of 4 of us went to Betty's last night. It is some time since I have been and it was this thread that reminded me to try it again. It was excellent.

They have their own private car park across the road and down a tiny soi with a uniformed little man with a torch to guide you across the road to the restaurant as you arrive and leave.

We ordered tom yam potec, a fried fish, the house roast duck, pad kaprow moo, chicken cashew, a prawn spicy salad and some spring rolls. All seven dishes were excellent. The duck was fabulous and done in an unusual way, crispy on the outside (skin?) and moist inside. Waters, cokes and a beer for me...total bill 1200 baht.

The Thai lady who was our guest was born and brought up in Surin though she now lives and works most of the year in Germany. In her opinion it is the best Thai food in Surin.

If someone could be so kind as to take some pictures of this place and the food the next time they are there It would be appreciated. I am very much intrigued.

If someone could be so kind as to take some pictures of this place and the food the next time they are there It would be appreciated. I am very much intrigued.

Pics are a good way to show the foods available, and location, exterior, interior etc. Always good to see pics in these restaurant and other various reports of things around the city. Always good to see a pic of the front of a venue and its signage and street location. These 'slim' and cheap digital cameras available these days are easy to just pop in your pocket when going out and about the city, and handy to use when you see something that may be of interest to all. Even pics from a mobile phone are better than nothing, and many mobile phones take some decent pics as well now-a-days.

And these are appreciated by all interested in the posts by all. And, it makes for a more interesting and all around better website.

Mike

I agree Mike. If anything, the pics might help me to locate the place as I'm a little confused as to its whereabouts

utilizing words to explain location

"I saw a werewolf walking
with a chinese menu in his hand
looking for place called Wee All Fooks..."
:tongue:

Enjoy your personal culinary delights wherever and whenever they may be found.10of10Score

I agree Mike. If anything, the pics might help me to locate the place as I'm a little confused as to its whereabouts

Sorry FB. It is easy once you know.

Imagine you are walking from the Post Office roundabout along towards TOT.
Before you come to the turn off into Surin Plaza there is a booze shop on the left hand side with a kind of arcade that goes in beyond it. Therein lies Bettys.

It really is worth the effort to find.

Had a great meal tonight at Tree Country. It's a new Thai menu, live music venue on the klong just up from the BBQ place that used to be a farang restaurant. It is owned and run by the same people who have Surin Swimming and the youth club right next door.

Good band, service, Thai food and price......three people, khao padx2, spare rib soup, larb moo, two salads plus som tam, Regency, soda, coke, water.....total bill 1055 baht.

They had a special deal on beers....3 Leos, 100 baht. Finished today, from tomorrow, 3 Leos 150 baht...still very good value for a restaurant.

Everything new. Good environment, clean bathrooms with soap dispensers and paper towels (wow!!) All in all a good place if you like Thai food and live music to accompany.

Last edited by a moderator:
After a lot of concideration I give the best thai food in a restaraunt in Surin to
Big Bite - constantly good , clean kitchen good service and eat in or out .

Back