When Having A Grandchild Is A Good Thing

My son and his wife will have #2 grandchild on the 8th of June. The baby has a heart problem, my son has seen three cardiologists and all agree the best course of action is surgery. The process is in place, the child will be flown to Edmonton by Stars Air Ambulance and the province's only pediatric heart surgeon is booked.

My son has known about the concerns since New Years and this has been a stressful period for them both. In all honesty I am surprised they are having a second child as the labour for my grand daughter lasted 38+ hours.

When my son was born in NYC I had health insurance but he was conceived during the first year of the policy nulling the insurance company's liability for the cost. I paid $13,500 USD (1990) for a delivery and 2 nights in hospital with no complications. $13,500 in 1990 is equivalent in purchasing power to about $31,334.36 today.

My son will not pay a penny for any medical treatment including the air ambulance.
Ronald McDonald House will lodge them both for the three weeks the baby is expected to stay in hospital.

My son and his wife will have #2 grandchild on the 8th of June. The baby has a heart problem, my son has seen three cardiologists and all agree the best course of action is surgery. The process is in place, the child will be flown to Edmonton by Stars Air Ambulance and the province's only pediatric heart surgeon is booked.

My son has known about the concerns since New Years and this has been a stressful period for them both. In all honesty I am surprised they are having a second child as the labour for my grand daughter lasted 38+ hours.

When my son was born in NYC I had health insurance but he was conceived during the first year of the policy nulling the insurance company's liability for the cost. I paid $13,500 USD (1990) for a delivery and 2 nights in hospital with no complications. $13,500 in 1990 is equivalent in purchasing power to about $31,334.36 today.

My son will not pay a penny for any medical treatment including the air ambulance.
Ronald McDonald House will lodge them both for the three weeks the baby is expected to stay in hospital.
Our heart felt best wishes to your son and the family mate.
Our second grand daughter was born 13 weeks premature--so tiny and frail but, she got through it and is now 8.
Gods speed mate.

Prayers for the blessings of a successful surgery and a healthy life following for #2.
Take care George & family.

Best of luck and successful surgery for the child and for your son and his wife to see a good outcome for the child.

I wish everyone could get the healthcare they need without it breaking the bank. Canada has the right idea on this. Wish it were so in the good 'ol USA.

Best of luck and successful surgery for the child and for your son and his wife to see a good outcome for the child.

I wish everyone could get the healthcare they need without it breaking the bank. Canada has the right idea on this. Wish it were so in the good 'ol USA.

Thank you, none of us need look far to see people who would not have the same access to life saving care.

I am confident the outcome will be good or at least optimistic. My son has broad shoulders and his employer ( the provincial govt ) has generous personal time allowances.

Back