Where do you stay when in Surin City

Wayne Thompson

I was at Muang Surin the other week, talking to the owner of The Beach bar and he said "Where are you staying"?
We said "Thong Tarin".
He said "Oh no! that place is terrible!"

and it was.

We mainly went there because of the area and we wanted the pool for the kids.
Well the pool was full of rubish including 2 floating cigarette butts.
The pool area smelt and looked like a loading dock.
The room, whilst restoration attempts has been done, was old and tired.

He did recommend another place that was owned by the same company as the Majestic but half the price. He said they will drive you over to the Majestic to use the pool.
The problem was this was at 2am after quite a few beers so I have forgotten the name of the place.

So where does everyone recommend to stay when in Suring City?

I did notice the Majestic has some crackin promotions at the moment http://www.surinmajestic.com/promotion

On the odd occasion that I have attended a Surin Farang get - together (what happened to them?), and wanting to be in the bar area for thr evening, I have stayed at the Majestic Twin. This is probably the place that was mentioned to you. A couple of hundred metres from Soi Kola. Clean and comfortable with coffee and Kao Tom provided for breakfast. Just 500baht double or twin room.

There are many better places in Surin, some very reasonably priced, but rather depends what area you want to be in.

On the odd occasion that I have attended a Surin Farang get - together (what happened to them?), and wanting to be in the bar area for thr evening, I have stayed at the Majestic Twin. This is probably the place that was mentioned to you. A couple of hundred metres from Soi Kola. Clean and comfortable with coffee and Kao Tom provided for breakfast. Just 500baht double or twin room.

There are many better places in Surin, some very reasonably priced, but rather depends what area you want to be in.
+1

The gun hotel is the best place in surin
The bed is great the location is great
The air great
The price is great

They have a FB page and invite customers to give them a call.
69761039_2415954558640711_7565265019919663104_n.jpg

If you are looking for a room in Surin city. Think of us. The Gun Hotel. Luxury room. Clean and comfortable. It's perfect for the rest of the day. Reserve the room. Call. 088-123-0456 and 090-250-5556

https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Hotel-Resort/The-Gun-Hotel-2004031653166339/

They have a FB page and invite customers to give them a call.
69761039_2415954558640711_7565265019919663104_n.jpg

If you are looking for a room in Surin city. Think of us. The Gun Hotel. Luxury room. Clean and comfortable. It's perfect for the rest of the day. Reserve the room. Call. 088-123-0456 and 090-250-5556

https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Hotel-Resort/The-Gun-Hotel-2004031653166339/

Booking hotel rooms on the phone has in the past caused problems. You arrive, they have no note of your booking, or have booked the wrong day. I prefer to have a print out of the booking from an accredited agent.

I like the Martina hotel too. Quite, large rooms, good restaurant.

It is just outside the city centre, so you need transportation, but staff is always happy to help (if needed ofcourse).

Martina hotel is a motel-like hotel. Rooms a bit bungalow-style. So no noisy corridors or climbing stairs. As mentioned: very quite!! Recommended!

Last edited by a moderator:
Booking a room there does not appear to be that great!

Booking.com and Agoda have it on their lists, but are unable to make any bookings.
I never book online I get my friend to go and book for me .
If him can’t book I call and book on the phone and pay by my bank app .
The place is the best place in surin to stay .

Booking hotel rooms on the phone has in the past caused problems. You arrive, they have no note of your booking, or have booked the wrong day. I prefer to have a print out of the booking from an accredited agent.
You book pay by your bank app that gives you a receipt That you have paid.
No problems in the world.

You book pay by your bank app that gives you a receipt That you have paid.
No problems in the world.
I have always used Agoda for years nd found them excellent. And I a receipt. I made a wrong booking in Bangkok about 5 years ago and the hotel would not give me my money back. Agoda reimbursed me. They did not have to but they did.

I have always used Agoda for years nd found them excellent. And I a receipt. I made a wrong booking in Bangkok about 5 years ago and the hotel would not give me my money back. Agoda reimbursed me. They did not have to but they did.
Sometimes you can’t book on Agoda that’s what I am talking about.
Not when you can use Agoda .

Ever tried GIBapartment? 2 rooms with kitchenette, close to the hospital, you can get tuktuks by walking 5min in front of the hospital. Often promotions, good deal for longstay......Agoda only for dayrates, for longer you have to call them.

Back