XMAS PUDDS ...STOLLEN CAKES...TUBS OF CHOCOLATES EN ROUTE

Anything Imported from UK costs roughly 2and a half times the original cost
eg costs a quid in UK ,,,,,gets here cost 2 pound 50pence,,,equates out roughly 100 baht!
That the way it is,,,,,not ludicrous!
Take it or leave it!!

You didn't read the article!

After the experience of the last couple of years I have decided to follow Nick's approach to Christmas. In future I will enjoy halogen roasted breast of chicken with all the trimmings from the local market; potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, cabbage and gravy. If my family want to join me at the table I will cook the same for them too. However, I tend to think they will feel happier with prawns, fish and other delicacies set out on their mat on the floor. This is definitely their preferred way of eating although my old knees now prevent me getting down to join them. I have not yet discussed this new approach with the memsahib so watch this space to see what actually happens this Christmas time.

I cancelled Christmas a long time ago due to lack of interest
Good idea. It’s just wasted on them because there is no history to support the idea.
Bit like buying a diamond engagement ring. Sorry, I digress with my own personal (past) mistakes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been here in Thailand 32 years.............Whats Xmas?

Can do without turkey, xmas puds etc. I'll drink the brandy though:yum:

In my working days I never really had time for Christmas - it was really for the kids. For me, and many others, it was just a different way of getting pissed!

Christmas is largely a waste of time in Thailand if you have Thai family. Trying to drag Thais into the concept (and food) relating to Xmas is pointless - except in tourist centres where commercial/financial benefits take over. I think it is probably better for those living permanently in Thailand to consider it, literally, as Christmas past!

I really enjoyed Christmas with family in the UK last year - and will do it again in 2019. For this year I suppose I will have to go to Pattaya to get a feeling for Xmas....

I found myself in 2007 without a family/children so to me Christmas became irrelevant. Coincidentally that was the year of my first Thailand/Pattaya trip so future Christmases were sorted. I had an early tradition of spending Christmas afternoon on Soi 6 for some strange reason

I found myself in 2007 without a family/children so to me Christmas became irrelevant. Coincidentally that was the year of my first Thailand/Pattaya trip so future Christmases were sorted. I had an early tradition of spending Christmas afternoon on Soi 6 for some strange reason

A perfect example.................. and your current family, quite naturally, would have no interest either.

I have seen pathetic attempts by some expats to drag their spouses into the western Xmas 'tradition'. Pointless in most cases.

I shall be celebrating Xmas Day with a lavish Christmas lunch and a couple of bottles of wine. If my missus prefers to have somtam I will not stop her :grimacing: ............... I doubt that she will choose to miss out on a decent meal - she will NOT be forced to wear a party hat.

I will then hot-foot it back to base camp so as to avoid New Year - which I abhor.

Being single for the majority of my UK adulthood, and earlier, I also loathed NYE. Who would wish for a single night of the year to be in the company of amateur drunks?

Being single for the majority of my UK adulthood, and earlier, I also loathed NYE. Who would wish for a single night of the year to be in the company of amateur drunks?

Some of them looked fairly professional to me :laughing::laughing:

Back