Kebab van Surin corner of Soi Cola

trigger66

Just to let everyone know Mr Note who has the kebab van is back on the corner of Soi Cola he was bit by a truck on the drivers side on the way home from work one night he suffered a bad head injury & his truck was damaged so that's why no one's seen him for 2/3 months he's now back as of last night I am sure he would be glad to see his old regulars

Just to let everyone know Mr Note who has the kebab van is back on the corner of Soi Cola he was bit by a truck on the drivers side on the way home from work one night he suffered a bad head injury & his truck was damaged so that's why no one's seen him for 2/3 months he's now back as of last night I am sure he would be glad to see his old regulars

My wife was bit on that corner ,but it was by a dog. I would not like to be bit by a truck. I hope he has recovered well.

Just to let everyone...so that's why no one's seen him for 2/3 months he's now back as of last night I am sure he would be glad to see his old regulars

Glad to read as he makes some tasty pita-wraps for take-away.

Just as important - how are you doing, Trigger ?

Are you up and at 'em and fully recuperated ?

20171011_215940.jpgPita wraps slathered in sauce. Meat was supposedly chicken.
'One tasty burrito, eh hombre.' :yum:

Nice fellow. Innovative food sale point. Decent night location.
No rent (though obviously initial expense to purchase, outfit and then maintain truck).

Note: THB 55 for one wrap. :cool:

Good to have in Surin.

Personally, I was not impressed with the product when I tried it.

That may be down to 5ne product........ or my own state of inebriation.

I recall that 3 of us were singularity unimpressed.

Good to have in Surin.

Personally, I was not impressed with the product when I tried it.

That may be down to 5ne product........ or my own state of inebriation.

I recall that 3 of us were singularity unimpressed.

I believe that was 2/3 years ago after a "do" . It was late nandd he had not much left. As you say CO-CO we were far from impressed.

Have not had the opportunity to try these jewels but I ate Kebab's all the time when I was in the sandbox. They were chicken,beef,goat or camel and they were
scrumdiddlyumptious.:yum::yum::yum::yum::yum:

^^^ response to Co-Co ^^^

Surely many agree with you Co-Co. :rolleyes:

You went once "2/3 years ago" after an afternoon and evening on the piss (albeit it was late on a Saturday night). :p

Possibly it might be different since that time though possibly it's still "is crap" in your viewpoint.

No worries as surely his business doesn't rely on the "Tres Hombres" pocketbook. Possibly others have different expectations.
My personal expectations for pita streetside in Surin aren't of the highest echalon. (Same as drinking Thai piss compared to Trappist bier.)

Personally I enjoy all the those kebob and pita vendor kiosks located near Nana north of Sukhumvit in the Arabic blocks (Soi 3 ?)
I recall last year my two favourites were Lebanese and Syrian ...maybe 60 or 70 bhat.

Can’t comment on “still crap” because I won’t go there again.

Three fine Europeans deemed it to be crap..... that is more than enough for an unfavorable first impression.

To those that enjoy his fare, please continue to do so.

98b86a2fdc8a139039a645b0d3face90--like-a-sir-like-a-boss.jpg

I dropped by the truck Tuesday night around 21:30 for take-away and noticed the side-panels weren't down. The truck appeared shut for the night.
I asked if I could get take-away.
The owner sitting outside explained that he was sold out.
I inquired as to how he could be sold after three hours on a Tuesday night.
He replied, "Too many customers." ;)

Hmmm :confused:...that possibly might explain something...and then again possibly not.

I dropped by the truck Tuesday night around 21:30 for take-away and noticed the side-panels weren't down. The truck appeared shut for the night.
I asked if I could get take-away.
The owner sitting outside explained that he was sold out.
I inquired as to how he could be sold after three hours on a Tuesday night.
He replied, "Too many customers." ;)

Hmmm :confused:...that possibly might explain something...and then again possibly not.

keep-calm-and-stiff-upper-lip-3.png

He sits by the train station in the afternoons before heading over to Soi Kola for the evenings. The meat kabob spike has a much larger and fresher bunch of meat on it than in the evenings, especially the late evenings. By night the meat can be sparse on the rod and much drier. I've had good and not so good from him since he started the business. Still prefer the lady selling her meat halfway down Soi Walking Street on the left for a late night kebab. :)

He sits by the train station in the afternoons before heading over to Soi Kola for the evenings. The meat kabob spike has a much larger and fresher bunch of meat on it than in the evenings, especially the late evenings. By night the meat can be sparse on the rod and much drier. I've had good and not so good from him since he started the business. Still prefer the lady selling her meat halfway down Soi Walking Street on the left for a late night kebab. :)

Nick says that he would take a Thai lady selling her meat - anywhere - over a kebab, at anytime...

Back