Apsara French restaurant

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if you continue to the end of the soi "T" and turn right you will immediately find another good Thai/Chinese restaurant with very tasty food (Sabian).

Yeah. They will have some serious competition in that location between the 2 Thai places that are very popular with the Thais. They should maybe do some Thai/French fusion cuisine as well as French.

This place in Bangkok looks to have a wide range, but as most French dishes the portions are small. It's all about the quality and flavors more than portion size. I do hope he gets in some good French wines and brandies and such.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g293916-d1591054-r94543107-La_Table_de_Tee-Bangkok.html

Last edited:
Yeah. They will have some serious competition in that location between the 2 Thai places that are very popular with the Thais. They should maybe do some Thai/French fusion cuisine as well as French.

This place in Bangkok looks to have a wide range, but as most French dishes the portions are small. It's all about the quality and flavors more than portion size. I do hope he gets in some good French wines and brandies and such.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g293916-d1591054-r94543107-La_Table_de_Tee-Bangkok.html

We have been to Table De Tee probably three times, although we haven't been for a couple of years, and always enjoyed it.
Set menu price is now 1350 baht

The best way to keep the farangs out of the place, is not to sell cheap Thai beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True, but Thais like their beers also. Or are you saying charge a premium price for a Thai beer to keep out the 'bargain hunters'? lol

True, but Thais like their beers also. Or are you saying charge a premium price for a Thai beer to keep out the 'bargain hunters'? lol
Rightly or wrongly, I have seen a place do this, because they were trying to attract hi-so thai’s.

In one swoop, it got rid of the Leo/Chang drinkers and as you suggested Thai businessmen/families arrived. How long THEY continue, is another matter??
In my (un-educated) experience, they seem very ‘fickle’ & hop between what is New &/or in fashion.

What can I say? Good luck to the new venture.

str2_jglafite_jg_1.ashx

Long may this kind of French Cuisine tickle the fancy of those who like to eat so little.

A couple of new recipes from Apsara's menu:

Skinside cooked salmon steak with cauliflower and pumpkin curry, green peppers, confit shallots, cherry tomatoes and salmon skin chip, Smoked salmon on blinis, dill cream (bELOW).

53165214_10157327630435815_3504773861352669184_n.jpg

Smoked salmon on blinis, dill cream (BELOW).

53561719_10157327630385815_7943450488198922240_n.jpg

A couple of new recipes from Apsara's menu:

Skinside cooked salmon steak with cauliflower and pumpkin curry, green peppers, confit shallots, cherry tomatoes and salmon skin chip, Smoked salmon on blinis, dill cream.

Smoked salmon on blinis, dill cream

This doesn't appeal to me (and I've been around the block a few times). How many affluent Farangs and affluent Thai/Chinese to whom it would appeal I don't know, but as you've said the research has been done and proved positive.

What can I say? Good luck to the new venture.

Long may this kind of French Cuisine tickle the fancy of those who like to eat so little.

With what utensils do you eat such a "dish"? A very small spoon or just tip up the plate and scrape it into your mouth?

Where's that culinary educated Greek-Australian when you need him?

Affluent? Not necessarily. Some people's priorities run opposite of others and they don't spend money on certain things that add up over a month. Some drink daily and enjoy their brews and boozes and wines, some do drugs they enjoy, some play with the ladies, some gamble, etc. etc. etc. Some like to eat out at fancy restaurants, or to travel more frequently than others do, some spend on tix to expensive concerts and shows, trips to the islands and other countries. Some pop down to Bangkok occasionally to go to the better restaurants that are more readily available there, and pay for high end hotels rather than a 500 baht 1 star. I don't have to be rich to enjoy any of these things. I would just need to budget for those things I'd like to do myself.

To each their own. Depends on what floats your boat. You don't have to be affluent to do these things really. Priorities my man. Priorities. :)

P.S. I myself don't go for the fancy cuisines much either. I'd rather someone opened an authentic Indian restaurant here. Or a good middle east/Egyptian restaurant. :)

P.S. I myself don't go for the fancy cuisines much either. I'd rather someone opened an authentic Indian restaurant here. Or a good middle east/Egyptian restaurant. :)

Cent, as you've frequently stated on previous occasions ya gotta have Thai clientele to make a restaurant successful in Surin.

I can count on one hand how many times I've seen Thais eating in an Indian or Middle Eastern restaurant in BKK , even in open market cafeterias.
(Maybe I only required two fingers...:rolleyes:)
Jus sayin'...

To each their own. Depends on what floats your boat. You don't have to be affluent to do these things really. Priorities my man. Priorities. :)

There has been no mention yet of the prices that the dishes posted will be offered for. Then it may be determined whether you need to be affluent to afford them (if you wish to eat them).

Some drink daily and enjoy their brews and boozes and wines, some do drugs they enjoy, some play with the ladies, some gamble, etc. etc. etc. Some like to eat out at fancy restaurants, or to travel more frequently than others do, some spend on tix to expensive concerts and shows, trips to the islands and other countries. Some pop down to Bangkok occasionally to go to the better restaurants that are more readily available there, and pay for high end hotels rather than a 500 baht 1 star. I don't have to be rich to enjoy any of these things. I would just need to budget for those things I'd like to do myself.

All that needs to be determined is how many Surin folks fit into that bracket when planning to open a fancy restaurant, because the rest are irrelevant.

Coffee's comments re Indian food are probably correct. What Surin, and probably Buriram could do with, and would be very successful is a SIZZLER. Most of their restaurants have queues waiting for tables
Love their (eat as much as you like) salad selection/mushroom soup/desserts. With those included, the prices are not to shabby too!

Coffee, u got me banged to rights you Mr Bas Tard!

I let that one go ... as he teaches English

Just as an aside, does anyone remember Dutch Roland? He closed up shop here (Sangkha) and left to open a bar in Sattahip. On his way there he past through Pattaya and thought "this place is jumping, I'll open a bar here!" He did and (after checking with Martin) he called it "The Farang Connection". He set the place up with girls and "Connect 4" and "Jenga" bar games just to be different.

I never heard what happened to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back