Cats and Dogs

No electric in teerak’s village all last night, power lines blown down. I’m guessing all the caviar in the freezer is spoilt ...

No electric in teerak’s village all last night, power lines blown down. I’m guessing all the caviar in the freezer is spoilt ...

I gave a fridge to the in-laws from our temporary accommodation. There was only ever one or two bottles of water in there. I don't think that it was ever plugged in!

Never mind the caviar....do they have freezers in the villages? Those that have fridges, generally use it for 1 bottle of water!

Never mind the caviar....do they have freezers in the villages? Those that have fridges, generally use it for 1 bottle of water!

Their old fridge probably kept things warm, I had to do something about it. So they ended up with the smart Mitsubishi and my teerak wanted some crappy Hitachi for ours. I’m still thinking about swapping the buggers

We're still getting some pretty good rain, feels very good! Wind has died down but still some thunder and lightening.
Bring it!

Look out @Rice, coming your way ...................

View attachment 28074

All I got was a lot of thunder and lightning and enough rain to settle the dust. My roof run off is still dirty.
I have been hanging out for a big cloud burst so I can see the guy down the lane's crap retaining wall fall down. The suspense is killing me.:rolleyes:
I get a perverse pleasure by watching half witted would be engineers fail miserably. Please do not think for one moment it is the tradesmen that cause these problems. They do what they are told, knowing full well it is a folly, that they are making. They don't care. Seen this over and over. I think they get the same pleasure as I. I have talked to these guys. They go home and have a huge laugh at the owners expense. It is because of a simple fact. They are never asked their opinion, which they would freely give over a couple of beers. But no, an uneducated bumpkin always knows best.

All I got was a lot of thunder and lightning and enough rain to settle the dust. My roof run off is still dirty.
I have been hanging out for a big cloud burst so I can see the guy down the lane's crap retaining wall fall down. The suspense is killing me.:rolleyes:
I get a perverse pleasure by watching half witted would be engineers fail miserably. Please do not think for one moment it is the tradesmen that cause these problems. They do what they are told, knowing full well it is a folly, that they are making. They don't care. Seen this over and over. I think they get the same pleasure as I. I have talked to these guys. They go home and have a huge laugh at the owners expense. It is because of a simple fact. They are never asked their opinion, which they would freely give over a couple of beers. But no, an uneducated bumpkin always knows best.

Never followed up on this. The wall fell 10 days later. It has been so dry. I have waited in vain for the rest to fall.
upload_2019-6-15_12-37-29.png

Talking about being so dry . The rice is starting to wilt. So we are now pumping water from my dam. In the area I am the only one that can. All other locals emptied their dams to get the fish.
Idiots !!!
upload_2019-6-15_12-40-47.png

One neighbor is pumping what is left of the creek water for his. He is lucky this year because last year somebody drained the creek to get the fish.
Bye the way. You would think. These guys have been doing this stuff for ever and done this 1000 times. But no, they acted like a scene from keystone cops in achieving the desired outcome.
Left me shaking my head in dismay. They did not even think of applying irrigation to the rice before it died until I mentioned it.
Sometimes I sit there wondering about all this.

Back