f**k all that

Cent

FORUM SPONSOR
Stopped by Thai Watsadu this morning to grab a couple things I want. Ridiculous line to get in. And all sorts of hoops to jump through to do so. I couldn't be bothered. Used the ATM and turned around and left. I'll wait for this silliness to end in a couple more weeks. f**k all that.

Stopped by Thai Watsadu this morning to grab a couple things I want. Ridiculous line to get in. And all sorts of hoops to jump through to do so. I couldn't be bothered. Used the ATM and turned around and left. I'll wait for this silliness to end in a couple more weeks. f**k all that.

I can only respond with facts (as reported):

USA - dead from Covid-19 virus 0.287% of population.

Thailand - dead from Covid-19 virus 0.00008% of population.

You will be lucky! Get used to it. These measures are not going to disappear overnight. There is a LINE app on your smartphone to scan the QR code on entry to many shops, so I am told by my wife. You are now required to use your phone to scan yourself in and again on your way out. :D:D:D

P.S. If anyone knows how to do this please explain.

You will be lucky! Get used to it. These measures are not going to disappear overnight. There is a LINE app on your smartphone to scan the QR code on entry to many shops, so I am told by my wife. You are now required to use your phone to scan yourself in and again on your way out. :D:D:D

Because I don't have internet access without wi-fi, I could log myself in and out manually.

Just tell them you're thick!

To use the LINE app for scanning the QR code when entering many stores, one needs to have an internet connection on the smart phone. I do not have this. I use my smart phone purely as a telephone when away from the house, whilst at home it is linked to my wifi. I therefore do not need to know how to scan a QR code.

Should it be a requirement to enter a store (and I suppose the store has a right to make the rules) , then I won't bother trying to get in. Not going to spend money for an internet connection on my phone for the possible occasional visit to Lobinson, Thai Watsadu and the like.

I believe however there is a systen for those that do not have smart phones, which involves writing their name and address on a paper. I understand though that no check is normally made as to the authenticity of the name and address.

To tell you the truth : I don't even mind anymore with these Covid-19 restrictions. One has many means of communications now through the net, everything is available (except alcohol for you guys now, btw also in the province Quintana Roo/Mexico), lesser "contacts" so less annoyance. I'm living with my parents - dad 94 , mum 88 - it is no walk in the park but I've been through worse situations, so I just enjoy the situation as much as I can = bbq's with my folks when weather permits. I regret not being able to travel to LOS to see my first grandchild that was born on march 11th and my kids but that will change in the near future (I hope). I miss my life arguments with Nookie and the guys from Lahansai, they will come back these moments. Hope to see you all soon, so keep the Leo cold !!!

This is what cost Global House a 20k TV , only curbside. f**k That. Went to Chai TV by the bus station and they said welcome come in. Chai got my business. Talked with my sister yesterday, she lives in Fairfax County just outside of Washington DC. It is getting better but her county along with D.C and Prince William County in Maryland are still locked down. My nephew has been told by the Department of Commerce directly across from the White House who he works for that he will be working at home until February.

I'll just show my wife or daughter (daughter has sat phone/wifi - I don't, like Nick it's just my phone) a pic on the internet of what I want to show them and let them go get it for me. I'll be damned if I am going to wait 15 minutes or more in line to just get a couple things at the friggin' store, give my name and address just to shop. f**k all that. And Thai Watsadu parking lot was damned near full when I pulled in around 10:15 this morning.

I believe however there is a systen for those that do not have smart phones, which involves writing their name and address on a paper. I understand though that no check is normally made as to the authenticity of the name and address.

You are also required to provide your handphone number. However, there is no check that you have provided the correct number.

To use the LINE app for scanning the QR code when entering many stores, one needs to have an internet connection on the smart phone. I do not have this. I use my smart phone purely as a telephone when away from the house, whilst at home it is linked to my wifi. I therefore do not need to know how to scan a QR code.

Should it be a requirement to enter a store (and I suppose the store has a right to make the rules) , then I won't bother trying to get in. Not going to spend money for an internet connection on my phone for the possible occasional visit to Lobinson, Thai Watsadu and the like.

I believe however there is a system for those that do not have smart phones, which involves writing their name and address on a paper. I understand though that no check is normally made as to the authenticity of the name and address.

Well, that's me buggered too. I do not have a roaming/internet facility on my smartphone. I never use it. That said, I was waved straight through Tops Market yesterday morning with only a temperature scan. Same with Thai Wasadu the day before, waved straight through with just a temperature scan. Last week at HomePro I needed to sign in and sign out. Go early Cent, there is less chance of finding a crowd waiting outside. I did see crowds at Big C and Robinson's a couple of days ago queuing to get in. I gave both a wide berth. Like you Cent, I cannot be arsed with that.

P.S. I told a lie. I do have a roaming facility on my smartphone, but I have to turn it on and pay additional call charges. I will not be doing that in a hurry.

Well, that's me buggered too. I do not have a roaming/internet facility on my smartphone. I never use it. That said, I was waved straight through Tops Market yesterday morning with only a temperature scan. Same with Thai Wasadu the day before, waved straight through with just a temperature scan. Last week at HomePro I needed to sign in and sign out. Go early Cent, there is less chance of finding a crowd waiting outside. I did see crowds at Big C and Robinson's a couple of days ago queuing to get in. I gave both a wide berth. Like you Cent, I cannot be arsed with that.

P.S. I told a lie. I do have a roaming facility on my smartphone, but I have to turn it on and pay additional call charges. I will not be doing that in a hurry.
Thats true - I have that too. Most Thais with smart phones seem to have continuous internet, which they pay for along with their phone calls. Not going to turn it on/off just to satisfy the retailers.

19 Baht I think for 24 hours......... *777*35#

19 Baht I think for 24 hours......... *777*35#
I think you missed the point. So you get to the front of the queue, have your temperature checked, told to scan the QR code, and then pause/stop everything, you don't know how to turn on the roaming facility on your smartphone. Of course, as soon as I read CO-CO's USSD ( Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) I had forgotten immediately the code number *777*35# provided. It's not a number that will stick in my mind either as I never use USSD's for anything else. Fast forward, I am now well and truly stuck at the front of the queue, trying very hard to remember what the USSD was to get a roaming facility. Tempers behind me are beginning to flare a little as time passes. For fark sake, hurry up please. 555! I know what it feels like, I have been stuck at the check out for 5 or 10 minutes, or longer, waiting for just one person in front of me to remember how to use his smartphone to scan the QR code to pay his farking bill. Maybe they didn't have a roaming facility either. :D:D:D

I think you missed the point. So you get to the front of the queue, have your temperature checked, told to scan the QR code, and then pause/stop everything, you don't know how to turn on the roaming facility on your smartphone. Of course, as soon as I read CO-CO's USSD ( Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) I had forgotten immediately the code number *777*35# provided. It's not a number that will stick in my mind either as I never use USSD's for anything else. Fast forward, I am now well and truly stuck at the front of the queue, trying very hard to remember what the USSD was to get a roaming facility. Tempers behind me are beginning to flare a little as time passes. For fark sake, hurry up please. 555! I know what it feels like, I have been stuck at the check out for 5 or 10 minutes, or longer, waiting for just one person in front of me to remember how to use his smartphone to scan the QR code to pay his farking bill. Maybe they didn't have a roaming facility either. :D:D:D

You old boys do like putting obstacles up where none exist.

What happens is exactly what happened at TESCO Prakhonchai with the Buriram Healthy sticker.................... those who didn't recorded their contact details and proceeded inside.

At Homepro Buriram everyone was asked to complete their contact details.

... and to all the smart-arses who say s "infringement of civil liberties"... "I can't be arsed with that".... then don't go in, you will be helping with social distancing. Also, to those who say "1984", I say f**k Off.... the details are taken for YOUR benefit in the event that someone is found to have CV19 and also visited that store on the same day as you.

Sensible precautions... or would be if CV19 had not all but disappeared from Thailand.

What happens is exactly what happened at TESCO Prakhonchai with the Buriram Healthy sticker.................... those who didn't recorded their contact details and proceeded inside.

... and to all the smart-arses who say s "infringement of civil liberties"... "I can't be arsed with that".... then don't go in, you will be helping with social distancing. Also, to those who say "1984", I say f**k Off.... the details are taken for YOUR benefit in the event that someone is found to have CV19 and also visited that store on the same day as you.

Sensible precautions... or would be if CV19 had not all but disappeared from Thailand.
I couldn't agree more. I went to Tesco Prasat the other day for a couple of things we needed, and there was a line and many signs on the wall in Thai that I couldn't read...with QR codes that I didn't know what they were for.
I patiently stood in line, didn't swear at anyone, got to the front and a nice Tesco employee showed me a form to sign.
I did this, didn't swear at anyone for being stupid and for being born Thai, bought what I needed, and left.

Stupid, ignorant, cock-sucking, lesbian sonsabitches that run Tesco charge too much f**king money for their piece-of-shit merchandise, but that's another f**king story for another f**king day.

Good, that should make some people happy...

The bottom line says it all. Thank you and goodnight.

i dont need one, and dont want one......they are the second most worst thing to a gun....hate the things..grrr..rant over

But M2U2, you have a television...and a beautiful wife. Tell me again about "the second worst thing to a gun." :D:p555

Jus kiddin'. Nice to read your post.
Keep the faith for the rugby season. ;)

Back