Rain?

And as an aside and for interest, our neighbour opposite was taken to hospital yesterday evening with first degree burns on his legs. He had found termites in his "Buddha room" which was only lit by candles and decided to spray them with insect repellent!

He was wearing shorts and walking very, very carefully upon his return. We haven't yet seen him today.

Following this occurrence, I decided once again to install a couple of fire extinguishers in our house. I discussed this with Young Mister Grace who came upon these in Mr. D.I.Y. in Tesco Lotus.

Fire extinguishers.jpg

It's worth buying three and letting one off to see how effective it is.

[Edit: Obviously in the back field, not in the house]

Funny that. I'm sure someone here warned against using aerosols near fire only a few days ago ;;amazing;;

I haven't yet seen one close up (sufficiently close to read the instructions) but I would assume that it's not an aerosol. Or at least the propellant is not flammable - That would be silly!

I haven't yet seen one close up (sufficiently close to read the instructions) but I would assume that it's not an aerosol. Or at least the propellant is not flammable - That would be silly!

I didn't for a moment imagine that anyone would take my post seriously (particularly as the first two words in it were :"Funny that."

Nevertheless, I now feel compelled to add that the fire extinguishers from Mr DIY (and others like them) are indeed aerosols. For the record, an aerosol is not the correct name for a tin with a liquid or particulate of any kind pushed out by a propellant gas. The aerosol bit is a fairly specific description of a spray of liquid carrying a substance in tiny form. "Aerosol" is a term that has been used frequently during the present Covid-19 outbreak, where coughing and sneezing causes the virus to be expelled as an aerosol.

See: https://first10em.com/aerosols-droplets-and-airborne-spread/
"No one really agrees on an exact definition. You will see some pretty definitive definitions in some sources, but that definition will invariably be refuted in the next paper you encounter. In general, aerosols are liquid or solid particles suspended in air. (Tellier 2009; Judson 2019) They can be visible, like fog, but are most often invisible, like dust or pollen. They are often divided into small droplets (and many, but not all, people reserve the term “aerosol” to refer only to these small droplets) and large droplets."

1621324219161.png

I didn't for a moment imagine that anyone would take my post seriously (particularly as the first two words in it were :"Funny that."

Nevertheless, I now feel compelled to add that the fire extinguishers from Mr DIY (and others like them) are indeed aerosols. For the record, an aerosol is not the correct name for a tin with a liquid or particulate of any kind pushed out by a propellant gas. The aerosol bit is a fairly specific description of a spray of liquid carrying a substance in tiny form. "Aerosol" is a term that has been used frequently during the present Covid-19 outbreak, where coughing and sneezing causes the virus to be expelled as an aerosol.

See: https://first10em.com/aerosols-droplets-and-airborne-spread/
"No one really agrees on an exact definition. You will see some pretty definitive definitions in some sources, but that definition will invariably be refuted in the next paper you encounter. In general, aerosols are liquid or solid particles suspended in air. (Tellier 2009; Judson 2019) They can be visible, like fog, but are most often invisible, like dust or pollen. They are often divided into small droplets (and many, but not all, people reserve the term “aerosol” to refer only to these small droplets) and large droplets."

View attachment 40321

You clearly hadn't accounted for the "Yorky factor" !!

You clearly hadn't accounted for the "Yorky factor" !!

Young Mister Grace has bought one and today, in the pub, we had the opportunity to inspect it. It is a tin with a push button on the top. We needed a magnifier to discovered that it contains foam and was apparently manufactured in California!

Excellent film @Bandersnatch, and good piloting too. The Thai Meteorology Department recorded nearly 80 mm of rain last night. If we get the same today it may be time to "float your boat". May sure you are bow on to the waves. :)

It's been threatening all day but, apart from a few drops, Surin has had no rain.

1623497758829.png

However, an infrared shot of the skies above sees a big mass moving in a south-westerly direction. Maybe we are in for wet stuff tonight.

Back