Nookie's New Items & Special Offers

The technology to produce the new formatted catalog (as requested by 2 members on this forum) involves copying the original photo from LINE, to my download folder, manipulating the image in 'Photo', saving the new image to my download folder, importing the said photo to a drawing program, shrinking the imported size to get many items on one page, adding product detail and price before grouping the set, then saving the drawing page and exporting/importing to this forum's thread. Yes, it it not possible to copy an individual picture any longer.

The previous photos were just that, imported from LINE, and inserted in this thread. They could be copied and viewed individually.

The Apple Cornflakes originally looked like this:

View attachment 36401

After a little manipulation it now looks like this:

View attachment 36402

I hope this helps to determine what Apple Cornflakes contain and why the price difference compared to plain cornflakes. :D:D:D
or look at the same in BigC

Yes, I agree. SWMBO has been buying Watties baked beans from Tops Market (I think). And very nice they are too. I don't think Nookie has them on his list.

View attachment 41712
I'd not heard of this brand before, so will try them soon, and maybe comment on their price(s).

Good that they offer a Capstan Full Strength variety - described on the tin as high in protein, and better yet that they have a "LITE" version too (if the reduced salt and sugar content is significant enough to make a difference to our health.) Note that the latter are only "a source of protein" whereas the Capstan version is "high in protein."

In addition, the Capstan version is NZ's favourite, though (by inference) it seems that there may be more beans in the LITE version. Or is that all bullsh*t - or "kwash*t" as debated last Friday at Bamboozled.

Isn't food labelling interesting nowadays?

I'd not heard of this brand before, so will try them soon, and maybe comment on their price(s).

Good that they offer a Capstan Full Strength variety - described on the tin as high in protein, and better yet that they have a "LITE" version too (if the reduced salt and sugar content is significant enough to make a difference to our health.) Note that the latter are only "a source of protein" whereas the Capstan version is "high in protein."

In addition, the Capstan version is NZ's favourite, though (by inference) it seems that there may be more beans in the LITE version. Or is that all bullsh*t - or "kwash*t" as debated last Friday at Bamboozled.

Isn't food labelling interesting nowadays?
Interesting ????
Normally depends on what the current interpretation of the law was when the artwork was actually drafted and who did it. Logically the Capstan version would pre-date the yuppie "lite" version and whoever did that one would be extra worried about saying something that made a claim that wasn't quite correct.
That assumes that Kiwi thinking would reflect similar to UK.
(Been there, done that, got the T-shirt)

Would be good if you could give us all a brief run down of your thinking about the Thai food labelling requirements and we would be able to appreciate better the lies splashed all over the half-filled packs of so many Thai products - (joke).
There is no proper control. (There's a surprise !!!!)

I note that @nookiebear has the mini breakfast sausages on his "SPECIAL OFFER (WHILE STOCKS LAST)" list. I hope stocks last a long time as these are some of the best sausages that I've had in Asia.

a wild guess here. but i would think cornflakes with apples in ??
Well, if that's the case the what the heck are Kellogg's Frosted Flakes? Do they have "frosted" in them? Do you need anti-freeze instead of milk? Jeez, the mind boggles...

Well, if that's the case the what the heck are Kellogg's Frosted Flakes? Do they have "frosted" in them? Do you need anti-freeze instead of milk? Jeez, the mind boggles...

I believe they are/were called Sugar Frosties in UK, "frosted" with sugar - I guess. I remember that they were bloody expensive!

Nookie was profusely apologetic this morning for being somewhat late with my delivery.

Apparently he received some very late orders from Surin, which, with his wish to fulfil, caused him to run late.

Please help Nookie by getting your fortnightly orders in by the Wednesday before delivery so he has time to get everything ready.

Nookie was profusely apologetic this morning for being somewhat late with my delivery.

Apparently he received some very late orders from Surin, which, with his wish to fulfil, caused him to run late.

Please help Nookie by getting your fortnightly orders in by the Wednesday before delivery so he has time to get everything ready.
Name them and shame them! And, while we are at it, off with their heads too. ;;horror;; ;;horror;; ;;horror;;

Back