Passport , Retirement visa temporary extension transfer to new passport

lightfoot

Surin relic
SURIN immigration office, We presented my new passport and prior canceled one to the office to initiate transfer of temporary retirement visa extension SEP 11 about 2:30 PM.
Immigration officer who was a man sitting at his desk on the right hand side behind the counter he came forward to accept passports.
He examine the passports, asked if I had older passports than the two I took in, I said yes I have two older passports.
He asked me to bring them in and he would work for me and suggested my wife could bring them for him to transfer visa.

September 14, wife took the new passport along with three old ones to the officer at 1 PM .
I had the pleasure of waiting in my truck.
I'm not up to the 500 yard dash being younger than 100, but it sure doesn't feel so.

Two hours for him to transfer the visa. (third hand info) he asked and received ฿500.
 
SURIN immigration office, We presented my new passport and prior canceled one to the office to initiate transfer of temporary retirement visa extension SEP 11 about 2:30 PM.
Immigration officer who was a man sitting at his desk on the right hand side behind the counter he came forward to accept passports.
He examine the passports, asked if I had older passports than the two I took in, I said yes I have two older passports.
He asked me to bring them in and he would work for me and suggested my wife could bring them for him to transfer visa.

September 14, wife took the new passport along with three old ones to the officer at 1 PM .
I had the pleasure of waiting in my truck.
I'm not up to the 500 yard dash being younger than 100, but it sure doesn't feel so.

Two hours for him to transfer the visa. (third hand info) he asked and received ฿500.


I have no idea why they wanted to see historic passports.

I assume no receipt was provided for the 500 Baht fee.
 
At least artificial is better then none. I wonder if Thai AI has been set with safety parameters like. Not questioning at all, Adjusting answers to suit the station of the inquirer. Most importantly can an AI be sued or held in contempt of 112? For telling the truth?
 
My Non-O Retirement extension expires this week. No problem except that my Britih passport expires in February. My extension will only be valid until the current passport expires. When the new passport arrives, can the extension be transferred to it for the remainder of the 12 months, and if so, how please?
 
My Non-O Retirement extension expires this week. No problem except that my Britih passport expires in February. My extension will only be valid until the current passport expires. When the new passport arrives, can the extension be transferred to it for the remainder of the 12 months, and if so, how please?
Yes go to immigrations and for 500 baht they transfer it, my understanding
 
My Non-O Retirement extension expires this week. No problem except that my Britih passport expires in February. My extension will only be valid until the current passport expires. When the new passport arrives, can the extension be transferred to it for the remainder of the 12 months, and if so, how pletransfer



There is little point in transferring the February extension to your new passport because you can do that when you do your next extension application in January/February.

Unless you are traveling abroad between now and February I would not bother.

Note you do not get the "lost" 7 months back, they are lost forever. Your next extension, in the new passport, will be until February 2028.
 
Trying to do my 90 day, online system will not accept it.
System does nothing that form I filled out just stays on the screen.

I believe I saw something on the forum , with your new passport first 90 day by taking it into immigration .

Substantiation would be more than welcome !
 
Trying to do my 90 day, online system will not accept it.
System does nothing that form I filled out just stays on the screen.

I believe I saw something on the forum , with your new passport first 90 day by taking it into immigration .

Substantiation would be more than welcome !

It is likely that you are doing something wrong if you are not able to even submit the form.

Been there, done that.

From memory there should be some indication (little red Cross?) if any sections are incomplete/incorrect.

Have another try.

You have until 8th October to submit online e - or 15th October to submit in person.
 
Confirmation new passport with temporary visa retirement transferred to the new passport.
You have take your passport to immigration to process 90 day update.

Online 90 day report was accepted 25 SEP.
26 SEP received this email.
Your application for "STAYING LONGER THAN 90 DAYS" has been rejected.

For first-time requests of a 90-day notification in each country visit, in-person presentation at the immigration office is required.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top