15 year old girl knocked off scooter and raped near Surin

I was told about this today by a local who lives near where it happen (15klm from Surin), she was going to get some food. She was knocked off her bike and raped, she is now in a coma.

This is a reminder that you are not safe no matter where you are, even in quite Surin

http://www.surinnews.com/topic_n.php?id=8923

Just heard she was raped by 7 boys. Also heard she had a friend with her that ran away who just may be able to name a couple of the thugs. Hang them after cutting off their balls. I have no problem with the death penalty in barbaric crimes such as this.

May she rest in peace. Her family must be devastated.

I had just asked about this on the Thailand News thread. Clearly it is better located here.
My teenage stepdaughter tells me the poor girl has died. RIP. So terribly sad.

Just heard she was raped by 7 boys. Also heard she had a friend with her that ran away who just may be able to name a couple of the thugs. Hang them after cutting off their balls. I have no problem with the death penalty in barbaric crimes such as this.

May she rest in peace. Her family must be devastated.

RIP and if true a very short trial and f**k human rights. HANG EM HIGH.

I was told about this today by a local who lives near where it happen (15klm from Surin), she was going to get some food. She was knocked off her bike and raped, she is now in a coma.

This is a reminder that you are not safe no matter where you are, even in quite Surin

http://www.surinnews.com/topic_n.php?id=8923

My wife has read the article and for sure a very serious crime has been committed. However, she is skeptical of the events as reported in the newspaper article. Apparently it happened somewhere between Surin and Prasat. The girl had left her home at 0130 in the morning to go and see her boyfriend. She was forced off the road on her way home at approximately 0400 in the morning. It is thought she hit a concrete post that resulted in her serious injury. She was dragged into the bushes where she was reportedly raped by persons unknown. The boyfriend found her after a two hour search after she had said, on her telephone, that she was being chased by a gang of boys/men. Too many parts of the story, as reported, do not add up although I will not speculate as to what may have happened.

I think we need to keep an open mind and wait for the DNA analysis and the police investigation before we can find out what really happened. May they apprehend the culprit/culprits quickly.

If she has since died as reported by Johnb may she rest in peace. Two young people lose their lives in very tragic circumstances in just two days in Surin - very sad.

RIP and if true a very short trial and f**k human rights. HANG EM HIGH.

I am definitely with GL on this. This CRAP must stop!. Start making an example.

I understand that the execution process has ground to a halt due to the availability of the humane lethal injections. Bring back the machine gun. No such shortage of lead exists.

I am definitely with GL on this. This CRAP must stop!. Start making an example.

I understand that the execution process has ground to a halt due to the availability of the humane lethal injections. Bring back the machine gun. No such shortage of lead exists.

Couple of guys from Koh Tao might disagree with you.

Maybe good punishment for these criminals
nark06.gif

No lead poisoning, no injections - simply recycle.

What's the purpose of having all the crocodile and alligator farms ?

Don't tell me it's just friggin' to make handbags, shoes, waist-belts and purses Crazy1

(Co-Co & Nomad: I'm sure that my logic didn't lose either one of you) T.I.C.

We were just discussing this sort of crime the last week or so in another thread. Now tragically this poor girl was not only brutally raped, but murdered as well. Examples need to be set for these sort of heinous crimes. Make the punishment as heavy and punitive as possible. Forget the 'half off in jail time' for apologies. Forget leniency and possible bail. Keep these animals in prison for life, no pardon possible. Or save others from a similar possible fate by using the capital punishment laws already on the books so these **** can never do it to anyone else again.

If the murderer(s) is/are caught, then almost certainly they will apply and likely be granted bail, either pending trial, or appeal later on.

I fail to understand the Thai system of bail. Proven guilty, sentenced, yet given bail, allowing them to do a runner.

Yet another case where the death penalty should apply in my view - apologies to those against it- but if it were your daughter.............................................!

If the murderer(s) is/are caught, then almost certainly they will apply and likely be granted bail, either pending trial, or appeal later on.

I fail to understand the Thai system of bail. Proven guilty, sentenced, yet given bail, allowing them to do a runner.

Yet another case where the death penalty should apply in my view - apologies to those against it- but if it were your daughter.............................................!

For me - no apologies to those against the death penalty.

Animals like this, who have caused untold suffering and the untimely death of a young girl barely in her teens, deserve no pity, no forgiveness and nothing less than a death penalty.

This heinous crime brought to mind something that Nick was talking about this morning; that was the lawless state of the Surin/Buriram provinces some 40/50 years ago. Gold help Thailand if it has not progressed in half a century.

Any father of daughters would expect no less a penalty.

Last edited:
We've got lots of elephants..... use them!

Just think for a moment.......

Yes, Nick, we should be humane because we are not at their level. Otherwise, why not bring back hanging, drawing and quartering. Hang them, cut them down before they die, rip out their bowels and burn them in front of them, and if the executioner is really smart, he cuts out the heart and holds it up to the crowd.... still beating! Oh, and if you can fit it in, castrate them somewhere in the middle of all that.

(No, I have not suddenly become in favour of the death penalty. I'm just pointing out what creatures you need as executioners.)

We've got lots of elephants..... use them!

Just think for a moment.......

Yes, Nick, we should be humane because we are not at their level. Otherwise, why not bring back hanging, drawing and quartering. Hang them, cut them down before they die, rip out their bowels and burn them in front of them, and if the executioner is really smart, he cuts out the heart and holds it up to the crowd.... still beating! Oh, and if you can fit it in, castrate them somewhere in the middle of all that.

(No, I have not suddenly become in favour of the death penalty. I'm just pointing out what creatures you need as executioners.)

You have your view IB which I respect and I have mine

I believe someone who is found guilty of an inhumane killing deserves the same. AN EYE FOR AN EYE!

Death is death, but why should he not suffer the same as his victim?

Back