90-day report and extensions

As Im not on a retirement visa, so asking for a friend (honestly), the other night a friend said that your balance must not go less than 400k during the whole year. Is that true & if so, how can they police it?????

As Im not on a retirement visa, so asking for a friend (honestly), the other night a friend said that your balance must not go less than 400k during the whole year. Is that true & if so, how can they police it?????

Re my post #34. That is apparently why they inspect your passbook the following year - to check that your balance didn't fall below ฿400,000.00 (retirement).

There have been reports that some Immigration Officers require you to report after 3 months with your up-to-date passbook - but SI don't seem to require this.

Ever since my first extension based on retirement I have used my Term deposit account with no problems. As well as the bank letter I also copy all the pages of my TD book. Never a problem.

Ever since my first extension based on retirement I have used my Term deposit account with no problems. As well as the bank letter I also copy all the pages of my TD book. Never a problem.

I don't believe it matters which account you use on condition that the balance is in excess of ฿800,000.00 (for retirement). In the past I've used purely my savings account, only my deposit account or both added together. However, using my "working" savings account (which shows money coming in and going out) I find attracts fewer questions, if any, than a "static" account.

Unless you're looking at millions of Baht, those interest rate returns may buy you an extra pint per week!

And, of course, 15% of it disappears in withholding tax (unless you can find an easy way to obtain a refund).

Point for @nomad97

This post was made by Ubon Joe on ThaiVisa:

"I just had at OMG experience when trying to do my report due in 2 weeks.

I went on the site and now have approved report for the first time ever. Always got the popup message before due to an old entry and a new passport,

I was so shocked that I didn't know what to do at first. Completed page 2, did submit and got instant approval. Saved both the pending and the new report receipt that I will print out later to put in my passport."
555! Not for me it doesn't. All I got was a load of red * , nearly a complete set of them.

upload_2020-11-2_9-23-23.png

upload_2020-11-2_9-23-47.png

The only field that was not asterisked was the Flight Number. Even the captcha was asterisked. Oh well, back to the early morning drive in the sunshine to Kap Choeng in a couple of weeks time. :D:D:D

Everyone gets that - AFAIK.

You have reminded me that I may as well do my on-line report now (due 11:11:21).

PENDING.

555! Not for me it doesn't. All I got was a load of red * , nearly a complete set of them.

View attachment 36512

View attachment 36513

The only field that was not asterisked was the Flight Number. Even the captcha was asterisked. Oh well, back to the early morning drive in the sunshine to Kap Choeng in a couple of weeks time. :D:D:D
I tried many many months ago and my flight number was flagged-up as wrong so I then just gave up on the idea.

GHB now paying 1% if you deposit for at least 2 years

I decided to go for GSB (have a branch in Robinson) @ 0.925% on deposits held over 1 year. They give you a passbook and will write the letter for immigration. Minimum deposit is ฿1,000. I plan to make a ฿1,000 deposit every month to update the book. ฿7,400 interest per year on ฿800,000 before tax is deducted - better than nothing.

You have reminded me that I may as well do my on-line report now (due 11:11:21).

PENDING.
The red asterisks appeared after I filled in the form with my personal data and hit the 'submit' button.

If you tick "other" you won't need a flight number. Although I'm not saying that will work.
I have, in a previous incarnation, tried every combination and permutation possible. I have also tried 4 or 5 different web browsers, this morning I used the new Microsoft Edge and Firefox. Previously I have tried Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, and Opera. None have worked and all were rejected with the error message, contact your local Immigration Office for further information. The only reason I tried it today was the latest info provided by Ubon Joe. He may well have had an OMG moment. However, I did not. :D:D:D

PENDING.

The application was submitted around 10:30 and approved at 16:30. Monday's always a bit slow. (Both notifications were this year).

Can anyone confirm. Is it that your first 90 day report ever has to be done in person. Bye the way might as well jot this here. I had a trip away recently, while I was trying to fly under the TM 30 radar.
Which I did right up until visiting The Ferret in Pattaya. I stayed at a HISO hotel that took my passport details it was a bargain and cheaper then my usual LOSO digs. Well Mrs Rice had her TM 30 App on her phone all primed with login and password on return to the rice field. All she had to do was enter in a few lines of data and that pesky farang in her house was duly reported. Just hope it all worked right.
Find out at my 90 day report won't I.

Back