90 day report at Chong Chom

mark

Did my 90 day report today at Chong Chom. Had my TM47 form completed but it was not needed. The officer went to the computer and input all my details from my passport , printed a 90 day report form which I signed and was on my way in a little over 10 minutes.

So no need to complete a TM 47 from now on.

I agree with DTD but it is a step in the correct direction most countries have come into the 21st centry. Landing cards are a thing of the past.

I can't see that this achieves much. Somebody still has to fill in the form, albeit on a computer, a paper form is generated, and the bottom bit is still pinned in your passport as usual. The paper form is then stored somewhere... and do you really think anything is actually done with the computerised information ?

I can't see that this achieves much. Somebody still has to fill in the form, albeit on a computer, a paper form is generated, and the bottom bit is still pinned in your passport as usual. The paper form is then stored somewhere... and do you really think anything is actually done with the computerised information ?

They probably get 15 Thai's to log the info, photocopy it 20 times, then file that in 10 different places. Stored in a huge compound with security guards with wearing impressive war medals.

p.s. I get your point IB!

They probably do, Dave, and still can't find it when they want it... because it's stored in the wrong place!

Medals are another story. I've yet to discover whether the medals exist; teachers get a new ribbon every two years, I think. I asked one senior ajahn at Chiangmai University what you did if you didn't have the length of service, and she said, "You just buy the ribbons anyway!" So indeed they are purely decoration, not decorations!

My father will be turning in his grave now,Mike!
He worked at No1 Saville Row all his working life as a millitary Tailors Cutter and was an authority on worldwide medals and ribbons. Many film companies used to refer to him to get the uniforms right before shooting. As a kid, I once helped him prepare a pilots uniform for Sean Connery in a 007 film.

Did my 90 day report today at Chong Chom. Had my TM47 form completed but it was not needed. The officer went to the computer and input all my details from my passport , printed a 90 day report form which I signed and was on my way in a little over 10 minutes.

So no need to complete a TM 47 from now on.

I too did the same today and they overprinted on my pre-signed TM47. Job done in a couple of minutes. The officer proudly said this is all online now.

WELCOME TO THE 21ST CENTURY MonkeyFight

my next question would be (if I could be bothered)...

Will they be saving all my info name/address/passport number/DOB/nationality so when I visit next its all on file.

I doubt it!

Back