90 day report in record time

J

johnb

This morning I pulled in to the KC Immigration Office car park at 11h13. I was seated to wait my turn by 11h15. Address reported, I started the car engine up again at 11h20.

I spent further 35 minutes having a coffee and a chat with GL at M+Ds. Back to Surin in time for lunch.

This morning I pulled in to the KC Immigration Office car park at 11h13. I was seated to wait my turn by 11h15. Address reported, I started the car engine up again at 11h20.

I spent further 35 minutes having a coffee and a chat with GL at M+Ds. Back to Surin in time for lunch.

On Tuesday, myself and Andychondriac arrived at around 10:30. There were only two Immigration Officers on duty (plus plenty of trainees) and there was a Khmer guy and an Irish guy already being attended to who appeared to have some minor problems. Even so, we were both out in 15 minutes.

No complaints from me.

Great 2 C U JB. Have a good upcoming trip and watch where you put those fingers.T.I.C.

I know which one would have been the highlight of my trip! ThumbUp6

Did my 90 day report last Friday. Smooth sailing. Had a beautiful corn soup at M&D Coffee. Made by GL's wife

Did my 90-day check at Jomtien today. I reckon it would have taken about one minute had it not been for a Thai girl collapsing and having a fit that brought the entire place to a halt.

I headed straight for the photocopying section, but was headed off outside by a young lady in uniform and quickly told I did not need any copies, nor did I need to complete a form. Apparently, all my details are in the computer and are accessed by the little bar code on the paper at the back of my passport. It must be so clever that it even knows that I have not changed my address. So much for the 200 baht letter from the condo office (up slightly from 100 baht last time). I guess I can use that when I do my Extension in November, though the computer and bar code will probably still know that I have not moved.

The interior of the Immigration Office at Jomtien was barely recognizable, having had a massive facelift and re-organisation since my last visit. It even gave the impression of being efficient.

The simplicity of the process amused me somewhat when I considered that the condo office had to (and did) advise of my arrival last year and that I completed the normal form at my next 90-day visit, listing the condo as my current address. Yet the next print-out in the back of my passport still showed my address as being at my previous hotel. I returned immediately to Jomtien with a business card and a 100 baht letter and told the same officer that my listed address was incorrect. He simply asked me where I live, so I offered both items. He took the card (declined the letter), altered my address, smiled and gave me a new print-out for my passport.

Back