90 Day Reporting to become stricter in Thailand

Richard Barrow's report is inaccurate in one aspect at least. If you go to the Immigration Office, you do not need any photocopies, nor do you need to fill in TM-47. You just hand your passport to the IO, he sticks it in a machine, which prints out the necessary receipt. Two minutes and it's done (if you don't have to wait for an IO to turn up).

But of course that's KC, which seems to have rules of its own!

Richard Barrow's report is inaccurate in one aspect at least. If you go to the Immigration Office, you do not need any photocopies, nor do you need to fill in TM-47. You just hand your passport to the IO, he sticks it in a machine, which prints out the necessary receipt. Two minutes and it's done (if you don't have to wait for an IO to turn up).

But of course that's KC, which seems to have rules of its own!

There just one step ahead.T.I.C. This report by RB just ties into the under consideration for you on retard extensions. BTW house calls were made this pass week by immigration officers from the Suppression Unit of Kap Choeng Immigration, during the interviews they were saying basically the same thing that RB stated.

There just one step ahead.T.I.C. This report by RB just ties into the under consideration for you on retard extensions. BTW house calls were made this pass week by immigration officers from the Suppression Unit of Kap Choeng Immigration, during the interviews they were saying basically the same thing that RB stated.

Basically what we were told by the senior officer in the Crime Suppression Unit a month or more ago. He said they would soon start doing surprise calls or house checks on all Farangs in Surin. Later I told him that I had tried but been unable to do the 90-day report on line. In reply he sat me down next to him for a photo session and then showed me how to do the 90-day report on line.

What were you doing incorrectly Nomad?

No idea Yorky, no idea. He only showed me the website, he did not process my 90-day report. Next time around I will try again. If I am not successful I will go to KCI and ask them to process it on-line for me.

No idea Yorky, no idea. He only showed me the website, he did not process my 90-day report. Next time around I will try again. If I am not successful I will go to KCI and ask them to process it on-line for me.

I would be interested to know the outcome. My next report is in September.

One has to wonder how the tightening up will affect the 12 month multi (based upon marriage) visa holders. I was one myself for 2 years and I know others who still are. Are they to be "investigated"?

^^^ Yorky, many 'visa based on marriage' holders no longer reside with the Thai wife though they utilize the wife's address for IMM reporting purposes.

I'm sure you would be well aware regarding those situations.

^^^ Yorky, many 'visa based on marriage' holders no longer reside with the Thai wife though they utilize the wife's address for IMM reporting purposes.

I'm sure you would be well aware regarding those situations.

I wasn't aware that multi-O visa holders were required to report to immigration, at least they weren't when I had one (1999/2000).

^^^ Really ? Didn't have to report for 90-day address verification ??? Really ? shrug1

Nope. Of course, it was required that you leave the country on each 90th day at the latest.

You can still do that and not have to report to KCI every 90-days.

If what you wrote is true then IMM actually made the 90-day process EASIER for expats !//flag
Particularly for those in Surin one mustn't exit Thailand with the added expense incurred to do so.

Wow - who would've ever believed shrug1

You can still do that and not have to report to KCI every 90-days.

Yes you can whilst holding a 12 month visa extension, providing that you obtain the necessary re-entry permit. Otherwise, you're buggered.

^^^ Yes GL , true.
My dog Hug1 will always love me.

Who is the she you're referring to ? shrug1

I was, until recently on a BOI Visa that was good for 2 years and they'd renew it along with a 2 year Work Permit. When there was a change of guard the bullshit became even more putrid/stupid/whatever...'can we have your factory floorplan', can we have your location, can we have your orders/quotations..something different every week that took time out of a busy schedule...OK, WP and Visa issued. 4 weeks later, not done...can we have your floor plan. All total crap to annoy. Off I went to Suvannakhet, same day got an 'O' based on marriage. Off to Siem Reap, handed in my passport to a travel agent after getting a Business visa in Bkk (single entry), got 13 months with nothing but a smile from the agent. 4 days later, passport returned with the visa.
Now, at any time, just drive over the border in to Cambodia for a few days in Siem Reap and none of this other crap that's starting to rear it's ugly head.
Yes, must leave Thailand every 90 days..but with small stamps not filling a page, I find it more enjoyable living here.
And stick BOI fair up their arse.

Back