A good bit of rain.

J

johnb

Well, there was a good bit of rain last night. Great, it is much needed.

I just went for my daily swim at Surin Swim between the sports stadium and the khlong. The road there, as usual after some heavy rain, was submerged. Nothing new there then.....but wait.....over the last few weeks a lot of money has been spent raising the level of parts of the road there, an operation similar to the work done on the intersections at Robinsons and on the Prasat road, though on a smaller scale.

Guess what, still flooded on either side of the new raised section and some standing water on top of the raised section too.

What makes me wonder is that all this is just a few metres from a khlong which is by no means full yet. All that money spent on raising the road level but, apparently, no drains to carry away the water into the khlong. I thought that was what khlongs were for. I am baffled.

Has anyone seen the two intersections I referred to earlier this morning? Dry?

John, you should know by now that Thai drains send water nowhere. Sometimes, they are even constructed so that the water would have to run uphill.

Maybe more to come in a few days time ...........................

Storm Warning - Super Typhoon Soudelor Heads Toward Taiwan, Japan and China It has peak sustained wind speeds of 180 m.p.h., making it the strongest tropical cyclone recorded this year.

Maybe we will get the left overs after it devastates Taiwan. Batten down the hatches.

John, you should know by now that Thai drains send water nowhere. Sometimes, they are even constructed so that the water would have to run uphill.

We have a 24" (600 mm) drain that was installed 4 years ago past our house. It extends all the way through the village (+/- 1 metre). Until 200 metres past my house there's a stop end.

Back