Applying NOV retirement non O temporary Visa extension marriage, monthly income

lightfoot

Surin relic
Have been getting Retired non O TEMP visa extension 800k in bank
Time to change to marriage requirements, using monthly income of over 40K a month.
I receive US SSA income that meets this requirement deposit in BBK every month.

I have letter from SSA stating my monthly income 2026.

Question, All experience useing SSA letter method to meet requirements will be extreme helpful ?
I have downloaded the list members kindly provided with the other requirements, photos, etc

Wouldn't hurt to have current information on what SURIN office is requiring when applying for a marriage temporary O visa extension.
 
What they want to see is proof of 40K arriving in your bank each month from an overseas source. You have to do this for a whole 12 consecutive months though.
OR an official income certificate. Now the latter is open to local interpretation and some offices don't give a toss for them. Proving the authentication of an income certificate is impossible now that most embassy's stopped certifying them.
 
What they want to see is proof of 40K arriving in your bank each month from an overseas source. You have to do this for a whole 12 consecutive months though.
OR an official income certificate. Now the latter is open to local interpretation and some offices don't give a toss for them. Proving the authentication of an income certificate is impossible now that most embassy's stopped certifying them.


Not for the first one......I believe. See reply to @lightfoot
 
Have been getting Retired non O TEMP visa extension 800k in bank
Time to change to marriage requirements, using monthly income of over 40K a month.
I receive US SSA income that meets this requirement deposit in BBK every month.

I have letter from SSA stating my monthly income 2026.

Question, All experience useing SSA letter method to meet requirements will be extreme helpful ?
I have downloaded the list members kindly provided with the other requirements, photos, etc

Wouldn't hurt to have current information on what SURIN office is requiring when applying for a marriage temporary O visa extension.


I BELIEVE (please fact check - preferably with Surin Immigration) that for the first application for an extension based on marriage you need to show 400k in the bank for two months prioor to the application.

I recently let my retirement extension lapse (because of an inconvenient expiry date). I entered Thailand in July on a Non-Imm O visa based on marriage. The rule said that for my first 12 month extension I must evidence 400k as above - I could NOT use the income method. Next year I can.

Another consideration when switching type of extension application - you must satisfy Immigration on the PREVIOUS terms of approval AND on the terms of the proposed application. For example, if switching from retirement to marriage you must show that the 800k was held in accordance with the requirements for a marriage extension ie 800k for 2 months prior to the last approval (a must anyway), and for 3 months after approval AND not drop below 400k in the remaining months. It is a sort of double whammy.

In @lightfoot's case I THINK he will need to do exactly as above (it also ensures that 400k is maintained for two months before making the new application). One year later the application can be made on the basis of income. The 40k pm does not need evidencing from the likes of SSA (only an embassy letter will work for that - as far as I know USA and UK embassies no longer issue such letters. The SSA letter is a useful backup, if asked about the source of income, but no more than that. Two bank letters are required; one confirming the legality of the account in your name and one confirming the balance. I always submit bank statements along with the bank passbook.
 
I BELIEVE (please fact check - preferably with Surin Immigration) that for the first application for an extension based on marriage you need to show 400k in the bank for two months prioor to the application.

I recently let my retirement extension lapse (because of an inconvenient expiry date). I entered Thailand in July on a Non-Imm O visa based on marriage. The rule said that for my first 12 month extension I must evidence 400k as above - I could NOT use the income method. Next year I can.

Another consideration when switching type of extension application - you must satisfy Immigration on the PREVIOUS terms of approval AND on the terms of the proposed application. For example, if switching from retirement to marriage you must show that the 800k was held in accordance with the requirements for a marriage extension ie 800k for 2 months prior to the last approval (a must anyway), and for 3 months after approval AND not drop below 400k in the remaining months. It is a sort of double whammy.

In @lightfoot's case I THINK he will need to do exactly as above (it also ensures that 400k is maintained for two months before making the new application). One year later the application can be made on the basis of income. The 40k pm does not need evidencing from the likes of SSA (only an embassy letter will work for that - as far as I know USA and UK embassies no longer issue such letters. The SSA letter is a useful backup, if asked about the source of income, but no more than that. Two bank letters are required; one confirming the legality of the account in your name and one confirming the balance. I always submit bank statements along with the bank passbook.
Interesting, Guess we're gonna find out when I-we go into apply for the marriage temp Visa extension in November.
My existing extension expires middle of December.
Will be going in for 90 day report today.
Maybe we'll have to make a trial run latter part of October with the documentation for a look and see by immigration.
 
Back
Top