Australian Embassy has declared that it will from the 7th January 2019 it will NOT witness Statutory

Some people are driven by money. I know a few Thais in the UK who would not be dragged back to Thailand - their life style has significantly improved but despite expressing their love of Thailand they would not return to a life of rice-munching. Similarly, Thailand does not suit all Farangs and several are scarred by their experiences.

You certainly do need to be in Thailand to know what is currently going on. You certainly don't need to be in Thailand if you have no interest in it and knowledge is largely about experience rather than time spent. I know a few Farangs who have lived here for more than 10 years but are as clueless now as they were when they landed at Don Muaeng.. :smirk:

Yorky, I hope he is not talking about you and me.

It was me that mentioned hardships initially.

Whilst visas do not concern me,I am sure others take it in their stride.

The benefits here for most farang are the weather and general cost of living. We can have a good life here on our modest pensions, and afford to have our wives/partners at home and not working, whereas back home we would have to take considerable care not to overspend and no doubt have to rely on extra income that our partners could secure.

Thailand is not for everyone, and many a farang, like yourself, has returned home. After 32 years here, this IS my home.:)
Very happy for you .
No money no honey as a thai would say hahaha , I live very well because I work hard to make it .
My thai has to lean money dose not grow on trees , she wants to work and so she should.
It would drive me crazy to have my thai around me all the time .

Back