Bad News For US Citizens. No More Income Affidavits.

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member

U.S. Mission in Thailand to Cease Providing Income Affidavit

October 26, 2018

Bangkok, THAILAND

As of January 1, 2019, the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok and the U.S. Consulate General in Chiang Mai will cease to provide the income affidavit for the purpose of applying for Thai retirement and family visas and will not notarize previous versions of the income affidavit.The Royal Thai Government requires actual verification of income to certify visa applicants meet financial requirements for long-stay visas.The U.S. government cannot provide this verification and will no longer issue the affidavits.

Please consult theRoyal Thai Embassyin Washington, D.C. andRoyal Thai Immigration Bureauwebsites for information on how to meet the requirements for a Thai retirement visa or extension.

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topi...ws-for-us-citizens-no-more-income-affidavits/

Suvannakhet's another option.

If married......

I have no desire to keep 800k, or even 400k, in a Thai bank just to satisfy visa requirements.

Getting a non-imm 'O' from Savannakhet is an option I am consideration - but I would need to marry first.

A non-imm 'O-A' is also a possibility (from the UK) but it looks like a balls-ache getting the medical and police papers.

Always go back. Both sides are recruiting.;;bad simle;;

866fd2ee-06a5-428c-aee2-88d6579effd0.jpg

spinola_s_empire_brigade_by_peterpulp-da1skl2.jpg

I guess that is the 2 largest Thai expat populations being deserted by their embassies to fend for themselves. One would hope that their is intense diplomatic pressure going on behind the scenes to help those expats that will be affected by the lack of a Certification of Income letter from their embassies. And before you say it I will say it for you, not a chance in hell!

I do. I really don't find it a problem.
If I didn't have two young daughters of school age, with the eldest still having 5 1/2 years to complete her secondary education, the youngest 8 1/2 years to go, before 3 years at Uni, I might feel the same as you. :Ahhhh::Ahhhh::Ahhhh:

If I didn't have two young daughters of school age, with the eldest still having 5 1/2 years to complete her secondary education, the youngest 8 1/2 years to go, before 3 years at Uni, I might feel the same as you. :Ahhhh::Ahhhh::Ahhhh:

I went through that in the 80's and 90's. I don't wish to do it again.

However, you must have a few bob stashed away to provide for your offsprings should you "shuffle off this mortal coil"? (which I sincerely hope that you do not)

At one time, I thought of migrating to Patagonia. On a visit to Argentina in 2004, I almost bought an amazing home with a large garden and orchard for just £12,000. The local lawyer that I consulted told me that back in 2002 the Argentine government froze all bank accounts... It was enough to put me off the thought of ever transferring funds there to buy a property - or for any other purpose.

This is a good read: http://nomadcapitalist.com/2013/05/15/this-is-how-desperate-governments-steal-your-money/ Written about Argentina (of course) but I can think of other countries where you might be ripped off by your hosts. Can you?

Google translate doesn't help on that one.....................
No diacritical commands would throw google I suppose.
Basically I thanked you and I'll see you again back in Lo Su Street near Hoan Khiem (Lake)..Ha Noi (great cheap bier)

I went through that in the 80's and 90's. I don't wish to do it again.

However, you must have a few bob stashed away to provide for your offsprings should you "shuffle off this mortal coil"? (which I sincerely hope that you do not)
I might have a few bob stashed away if Theresa got on and sorted out BREXIT.

At one time, I thought of migrating to Patagonia. On a visit to Argentina in 2004, I almost bought an amazing home with a large garden and orchard for just £12,000. The local lawyer that I consulted told me that back in 2002 the Argentine government froze all bank accounts... It was enough to put me off the thought of ever transferring funds there to buy a property - or for any other purpose.

This is a good read: http://nomadcapitalist.com/2013/05/15/this-is-how-desperate-governments-steal-your-money/ Written about Argentina (of course) but I can think of other countries where you might be ripped off by your hosts. Can you?

That property would it have been of the hideout that Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid bought as a cattle ranch outside of Cholila, Argentina ?:rolleyes::eek::eek::eek::D GPSf -42.4395753781, -71.4256678208
http://www.pilotguides.com/articles/butch-cassidys-patagonian-hideout/

Back