Bad News For US Citizens. No More Income Affidavits.

No diacritical commands would throw google I suppose.
Basically I thanked you and I'll see you again back in Lo Su Street near Hoan Khiem (Lake)..Ha Noi (great cheap bier)

I would certainly look forward to that........ on the agenda for 2019/2020.

It is about desire.

You drink Archa....... and I don't get that.

Desire (AKA want). I certainly want a few bob put aside for any unforeseen medical problems which I (or my wife) may encounter because I do not have health insurance. If I did have had health insurance (for the last 20 years) I would not be now able to support an extension of stay based upon my retirement.

[Please explain the reference to Archa larger]

That property would it have been of the hideout that Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid bought as a cattle ranch outside of Cholila, Argentina ?:rolleyes::eek::eek::eek::D GPSf -42.4395753781, -71.4256678208
http://www.pilotguides.com/articles/butch-cassidys-patagonian-hideout/

Nice thought! No - it was way up north actually, in Posadas (Missiones province,) close to the small airport there, and nowhere near Patagonia. The climate was warmer in Posadas - 25C in July as opposed to 0C when I landed at Trelew airport in Patagonia 2 days later.

Desire (AKA want). I certainly want a few bob put aside for any unforeseen medical problems which I (or my wife) may encounter because I do not have health insurance. If I did have had health insurance (for the last 20 years) I would not be now able to support an extension of stay based upon my retirement.

[Please explain the reference to Archa larger]

I have sufficient Bob available for similar circumstances (I do have limited health insurance); I choose not to put that money into Thailand in one lump to allow me to extend my permission i.e. I do not want 800k Baht sitting in a Thai bank.

You can't understand my desire to do that - I can't understand your desire (AKA want) to drink Archa.

Simples.....

So WTF does the Thai government consider a valid proof of income statement? A year's worth of bank statement showing what you get each month? And, I heard they only want to see Thai bank statements, and not what you get into your US bank (which you can then use via your ATM card to take out money, though you do get a big hit with fees these days doing so).

If Savanakhet remains the same as last year not requiring any proof of income I may return from my trip to the US and use the 30 tourist visa entry and then f**k off once again in the 30 days to Savanakhet for a 1 year O visa based on marriage to a Thai citizen. This shit is getting ridiculous. Though the past few years the Thai immi people refused to honor the US Embassy 'proof of income' paperwork anyways and wanted bank statements as well to prove your income. Absurd.

U.S. Mission in Thailand to Cease Providing Income Affidavit

October 26, 2018

Bangkok, THAILAND

As of January 1, 2019, the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok and the U.S. Consulate General in Chiang Mai will cease to provide the income affidavit for the purpose of applying for Thai retirement and family visas and will not notarize previous versions of the income affidavit.The Royal Thai Government requires actual verification of income to certify visa applicants meet financial requirements for long-stay visas.The U.S. government cannot provide this verification and will no longer issue the affidavits.

Please consult theRoyal Thai Embassyin Washington, D.C. andRoyal Thai Immigration Bureauwebsites for information on how to meet the requirements for a Thai retirement visa or extension.

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topi...ws-for-us-citizens-no-more-income-affidavits/

So WTF does the Thai government consider a valid proof of income statement? A year's worth of bank statement showing what you get each month? And, I heard they only want to see Thai bank statements, and not what you get into your US bank (which you can then use via your ATM card to take out money, though you do get a big hit with fees these days doing so).

If Savanakhet remains the same as last year not requiring any proof of income I may return from my trip to the US and use the 30 tourist visa entry and then f**k off once again in the 30 days to Savanakhet for a 1 year O visa based on marriage to a Thai citizen. This shit is getting ridiculous. Though the past few years the Thai immi people refused to honor the US Embassy 'proof of income' paperwork anyways and wanted bank statements as well to prove your income. Absurd.

iIf you remember a few years back when it was KCI they were not accepting any as they said they were counterfeit.

revolving-door.jpg

Round and round.

I do believe Thailand wants your currency within a Thai domain or bank account.

Can't believe they allow the Savannakhet Consulate loophole.
Seems like a joke showing no money in the bank.

(What's the point actually ? To get foreigners hitched to a Thai partner ? )

Given that I get f**k all interest in my offshore UK bank, I don't mind having cash deposited here at 0.50% - 1.30% interest.

Which I concede is only slightly more than f**k all.

I've been reading stuff online about the Thai immigration making it very hard on expats and tourists. They intend to keep tracks somehow on their movements. Pattaya online ran a story however yrue it was I'm not sure, but the reaction from expats is disturbing.
Seems it's getting too hard. I'm having second thoughts about my return in 2 weeks.

I've been reading stuff online about the Thai immigration making it very hard on expats and tourists. They intend to keep tracks somehow on their movements.

Why ? Doesn't everyone wear an ankle bracelet these days ?

(Maybe that's just what I read...555)

Well you are already tracked by other means.
Same as a parolee. Report, declare overnight stays, show who is consorting with you in your place of residence.

Back