Border Crossing Chong Chom

bushmill

Hello, Sunday I have to make my bordercrossing. I want to do it in Chong Chom. Now I've heard the Cambodian Einreisebehoerde no longer accept U.S. dollars. Is that correct? And if,they are still 20 U.S. dollars?
Thanks

A friend of mine tried a few weeks ago to pay with US dollars at Chong Chom border and they would not accept it.

I have heard that they do not accept $20 bills a few times before. The 300b return fee is a bit of a grey area too as I understand you are supposed to say in the country 24hours and that 300b mysteriously get round this rule!

Welcome to Thailand! :frown:

i never pay the 300 bt becouse when they ask for it they have already stamped you out of cambodia so even though they are pissed off they can't really do any thing about it they have already screwed you once with the 1000 bt visa with the present exchange rate it should only be 600 bt

sawade
just went to chong chom and they took my 20 dollar bill and accepted it
it was on the 18.feb.11
sawade jurg

sawade mikebkk
next time you go there you hire a guide for 200 baat,he will do the work for you.
give him 20 us dollar and 100baat for the visa
1oo baat for the stamp out,,,thats it
i do that allways with the same man,for years:call him,its a nice one,allways there:mr.pov heang thai nr.087 248 1305
very usefull man,like him,can recommend him,,,,sawade jurg

Last edited:
That sounds worthwhile!

Thanks for sharing the info, jurg

I have been informed that the border crossing at Chong Chom is open again. Is this correct? Hope so, as I have to go to give my 90 day report of address.

I have been informed that the border crossing at Chong Chom is open again. Is this correct? Hope so, as I have to go to give my 90 day report of address.

It reopened about a week ago. I have been there.

Hi I'm Stefano just arrived in Buachet. I would like to know the procedure and the costs to make a second entry in Chong sa nam or in
Chong Chom ( I hope to write corretly ). I have a Three entry Tr visa from Milan Consulate that permit me to do 9 mounth (2+1 three times).
Thank you for exist SF.

Last edited:
Hi Stefano
My good friend 'Wildoats' from USA also lives in Buachet. The last time I did a 'border run' at Chon Chom, I think it cost in the region of 1300b. Dont forget that if you do a border run just before the expiry date of your 9 month visa, they will give you a further 3 months making it nearly 12 months usage.

Is the crossing at Chom chom safe and do I need to contact US embassy before I go.

IMHO Chong Chom is totally safe, I go alone or with TGf, but others hire a guide. There is useful info in previous posts here regarding a reliable guide..use the info if you need to.

Is the US Embassy safe ? They will probably advise you to wear a condom...thats about as much as they know in reality.

Cheers, MH

I have a non-immigrant-O-Visa, 365 days, multiple entry. That means, I have to do every 90 days a visa-run.
Is Chong Chom the nearest bordercrossing to do this?
My wife likes to visit the market there, so this could be a good place. What do you suggest me to do?

Thank you for your answer.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have a non-immigrant-o-visa, 365 days, multiple entry. That means, i have to do every 90 days a visa-run.
Is chong chom the nearest bordercrossing to do this?
My wife likes to visit the market there, so this could be a good place. What do you suggest me to do?

Thank you for your answer.
yes

Back