Building a Sauna by meself

Pat, joking aside, I would like to know what kind of steel you used for the main structure. I need a similar structure to become an outside store, maybe 3 x 3 metre. I already have a roof, just need to construct a secure area that I can lock. For my purposes, a steel frame with cladding may be a better option than using brick.

upload_2020-1-23_16-59-26.png

Looks like 5 cm x 2 cm. Where did you buy and how much a metre?

Pat, joking aside, I would like to know what kind of steel you used for the main structure. I need a similar structure to become an outside store, maybe 3 x 3 metre. I already have a roof, just need to construct a secure area that I can lock. For my purposes, a steel frame with cladding may be a better option than using brick.

View attachment 32101

Looks like 5 cm x 2 cm. Where did you buy and how much a metre?

The steel is galvanised 2x4 inch 1,5mm thickness.
6 meters about 4-500 per length.

That looks like a lovely conversion Pat, though I would be extremely worried about stepping on the original tiled floor when the sauna is operational. Better us some wooden duckboards to protect the feet from severe scalding/burning as the tiles will have zero insulation properties!

Suggestion:
51OHTWx6OeL._SX425_.jpg

That looks like a lovely conversion Pat, though I would be extremely worried about stepping on the original tiled floor when the sauna is operational. Better us some wooden duckboards to protect the feet from severe scalding/burning as the tiles will have zero insulation properties!

Suggestion:
51OHTWx6OeL._SX425_.jpg

It doesn't really matter how much you heat your sauna, the floor doesn't get hot.

I've been in temperatures up to 140C, but the normal temperature is between 80-100C in Finland and I've never felt any heat from the floors.

Also the cleaning of the floor becomes a lot harder with boards on the floor.

We tried it again yesterday with a few good friends with children, with temperature only about 65C. Am very happy about how well it works.

The walls have 4" insulation and the ceiling has 16", put all my insulation up there to get rid of it and it seems to have been a good idea.

Back