Care and feeding of home rice mill??

Stargazer

Surin Legend
We purchased one of the handy dandy home rice mills very common now. They run about 18,000 THB.View attachment S0855f042da514da485c532988c26971d9.jpg_400x400q75.jpg_.webp

It worked great for a while, very useful, and then not so well. I'm a fair mechanic, but find it hard to fix a machine that I do not understand. I think the key is in the little box with the dial on it, but as I don't get what it does, I don't know how to proceed. My wife bought the hexagonal screen unit that mounts inside, but that looks ok. There is an adjustment screw sticking out below the dial, and I cannot find out what exactly it does, or how it should be set. Language is quite a barrier here, as my wife does not understand machines, and hence cannot translate adequately. She wants to buy a replacement for the dial unit for 2,000 THB, but I'm not a fan of just replacing parts that you don't know are faulty.

Does anyone here who uses this unit know how to keep it in adjustment? I could go to the mfg. in Buriram, but I'm not sure they would be able to explain, nor my wife translate adequately. Or possibly link me to a video that addresses the operation/adjustment of such units?

Back