Change of address

Deerculler

Surin relic
My address is in Buriram Provence which means I now report to Immigration in Buriram. I am thinking of moving into Surin. Can anyone tell if it is a problem and what the procedure is? My OA visa 90 day report is due 24-12-2016 and my extension on 23-01-2017. Thank you for any information.

My address is in Buriram Provence which means I now report to Immigration in Buriram. I am thinking of moving into Surin. Can anyone tell if it is a problem and what the procedure is? My OA visa 90 day report is due 24-12-2016 and my extension on 23-01-2017. Thank you for any information.

First you need to make your mind up about where you want to live. You move back into Surin then Surin Immigration is your office NOT Buriram. Your land lord will need to submit a TM 30 and you need to submit a TM 28. Looking at your dates you should do your 90 day report and your new extension at the same time at SI.

First you need to make your mind up about where you want to live. You move back into Surin then Surin Immigration is your office NOT Buriram. Your land lord will need to submit a TM 30 and you need to submit a TM 28. Looking at your dates you should do your 90 day report and your new extension at the same time at SI.
Thank you David. Where does one get the TM28/TM3o forms?

G/L I cannot open anything on the Immigration webste you posted.

Works for me.

TM 30

tm30.png

Background_Light-crop2-1014x8823.jpg

I went to Immigration today (June 17, 2016) and Bldg 3 behind Immigration (Royal Thai Police).

I can't answer any questions other than what is listed below, and i can't give you any advise as to what you should do.
As you know, this is Thailand. Immigration may or may not enforce all the rules and fines.

New Immigration Offices
Starting next month, the Immigration office at Lampang will be upgraded to provide more services. In addition to
Lampang, Immigration will open offices in. I'll advise later on their addresses.
Lamphun
Phayao
Nan

TM 28 and TM 30 (Section 38 of the Immigration Act has been in effect since 1979).
This pertains to the forms TM 28 and TM 30

Their attitude is the same as many other countries "Ignorance of the law is no excuse"

I ask questions regarding the TM 28 and TM 30

1. Can the TM 30 be sent by Registered Mail? - YES
For the TM 30 there are 2 forms (See attachments below) Use the same procedure for filing the TM 47 by mail.
Address:
Chiang Mai Immigration
71 Sanambin Rd
T. Suthep Muang Chiang Mai 50200

The TM 30 is suppose to be filed within 24 hours of the Expat moving in.

2. Can the TM 28 be sent by Registered Mail? - NO
The TM 28 is suppose to be filed within 48 hours of the Expat moving in.

3. If the Expats wife is the owner of the house or Condo, can she send the TM 30 by Registered Mail? - YES
Procedure would be the same as sending the 90 day report by Registered Mail.

4. If the Expats wife files a TM 30 does the Expat still have to file a TM 28 - YES

5. If the Expat is the Owner of the house or Condo, can he send the TM 30 by Registered Mail? - NO Does
he also have to file a TM 28? - NO

6. Many Expats have owned the same house for 10-20 years. They had no knowledge, until recently, about
the TM 30. Does he still have to file a TM 30? - YES
Is there a fine for filing it late? - Yes (1600 Baht). The
attached brochure says the fine is 2000 Baht.

7. If the Expat leaves Thailand and then returns later to the same address, does he have to file another
TM 28 or TM 30?

The owner has to file a TM 30 but the Expat doesn't have to file a TM 28

8. If the Expats wife is the owner of the House or Condo can she file it Via Internet?
Only if she has a business license

9. The Expat has rented the same House or Condo for many years. The owner lives in Australia. The Expat
knew nothing about having to file a TM 28. Can he file one now - YES

Is there a fine? - YES
I know of Expats who finally filed a TM 28 and didn't have to pay a fine.

10. If the Expat leaves Thailand and then returns later to the same address, does he have to file another
TM 28? - NO

I've also been told that if a Expat travels within Thailand he doesn't have to file another TM 28. But, if he leaves
Thailand he has to file another TM 28. I guess it all depends on who you talk to

This appears to be the definitive explanation of TM 30 reporting. All I can say is WTF!.
You would be forever chasing your arse to comply just by visiting friends and weekends away.
You are suppose to dob in your friends and hotels as well. Because all of a sudden you become responsible for others actions in regard to reporting you. I always did think this was a stupid unworkable law. Now I know for sure.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/1700888/thailand-immigration-controls-getting-tough-with-guests

This appears to be the definitive explanation of TM 30 reporting. All I can say is WTF!.
You would be forever chasing your arse to comply just by visiting friends and weekends away.
You are suppose to dob in your friends and hotels as well. Because all of a sudden you become responsible for others actions in regard to reporting you. I always did think this was a stupid unworkable law. Now I know for sure.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/1700888/thailand-immigration-controls-getting-tough-with-guests

You're replying to a 2 year old post.:rolleyes:

Back