Come back Monday.

W

Wombat

Two young guys (16) from my village were seriously assaulted on Friday night around midnight. They were ambushed while riding 2 up on a dirt track by about 5 guys. The driver was hit by a knuckle duster blow to the head, dropped the bike and the gang then seriously attacked his passenger who is now in hospital with injuries to his head and body, the other guy stayed back in fear that he was going to get the same bashing.

The victim's parents went to the Mueang Thi police station to report the assault and were told to "come back Monday".

I would imagine the Mueang Thi police station comes under the jurisdiction of a larger one in the area. An official complaint should be lodged with the main police station. This is also something for the phuyaibaan to become involved with .As a good villager Wombat, you should perhaps be advising the family of the injured. Like most Thai villagers they will be too scared to take action without someone to hold their hands

Grudge ?? You only have to be from another local village. This hooligan behavior goes on by bored pissed up youth. All I can say is thank goodness they can't buy alcohol between 3 and 5 pm. As this really helps. Forkin NOT !
When these bashed guys arrived at the local hospital were they given two Paracetomol tabs and told to come back Monday as well. As it is a Forkin public holiday.

I don't think Wombat's post was about a falang getting involved. It was about the useless police service not responding to a serious complaint. They'd care even less if it was one of us...unless their dirty little sausage fingers handled some cash up front.
But remember..happiness is being returned to the peopon!

I don't think Wombat's post was about a falang getting involved. It was about the useless police service not responding to a serious complaint. They'd care even less if it was one of us...

Wow, even I agree on the condensed version.
Why does this remain such a mystery to those that choose to reside here?

Would one really call this a "serious complaint"?
Just two 'village boys' riding around on a dirt road at midnite...hmmm.
We know nothing about what prompted the attack and neither does the OP.

Additionally speculation always makes a wonderful story even grander.

Any reasonable mind would conclude that a physical assault of any kind that required hospitalisation or treatment, that it is grievous bodily harm. Certainly an indictable offence.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, an update. I am not and never contemplated getting involved. The boy in hospital has lost most of his teeth and has a broken arm, the other boy has a few stitches in his head. The victims are not trouble makers or louts. It turns out that the main victim is the boyfriend or was the boyfriend of one of the perp's sister and she set up the bashing it is believed. She called the boy to come see her and he rode into the ambush.
Progress is being made with regard to a payment from the perp's family and, as it is Monday, the Police may get involved to negotiate a settlement. The perps have a history of being bad and have spent time in prison before rather than paying their victims as they spend what little money they have on Yabba.

Around midnite riding to see a known perp's sister. Why?
Not too hard to guess.
Yup , not to many sharp pencils in your village's drawer.

OK, an update. I am not and never contemplated getting involved. The boy in hospital has lost most of his teeth and has a broken arm, the other boy has a few stitches in his head. The victims are not trouble makers or louts. It turns out that the main victim is the boyfriend or was the boyfriend of one of the perp's sister and she set up the bashing it is believed. She called the boy to come see her and he rode into the ambush.
Progress is being made with regard to a payment from the perp's family and, as it is Monday, the Police may get involved to negotiate a settlement. The perps have a history of being bad and have spent time in prison before rather than paying their victims as they spend what little money they have on Yabba.

Getting the police involved is normal in theses situation. Sounds like there will not be any finical retribution. Need have plane B in place.:rolleyes:

Back