Corner Garden Restaurant - Dont Bother

MHayward

Went to the Corner Garden Restaurant in Surin (on 2077) last night, whoever runs the place wants shooting lol.

Very pleasant setting, lovely gardens with live music etc....could be perfect, however ..?

Found an empty table, but it had not yet been cleared...the ''Head Waitress'' did not know if the table was free or not...nor did anyone else until we pointed out that the plates and glasses were empty and the people had left??

Ok so the table gets cleaned and four of us sit down, to be given ONE Menu between us.

Instantly the '' head waitress'' wants us to order immediately, even though two of us had not been able to see the menu.

We order four drinks, ''head waitress'' waits for the food order, I tell her to get the drinks and come back in a minute with more menus (in thai)

Drinks arrive, no menus, I go and get one....she looks but doesnt care.

We find that the Menu is a complete mess, the pictures do not relate to the food as listed, so, having a laugh we try to find the 'picture food' in the extensive lists, but it simply does not exist and is impossible to order. The menu also contains crazy dishes that do not exist such as ''Who makes you pregnant'' and ''Once is never enough'' totally ridiculous.

We order, spring rolls and shrimp cakes as starters then try to get some main courses together. The ''waitress'' disappears and nothing happens.....

In the end we scrap the idea and tell the 'head waitress'' to get the bill for the drinks as we are leaving (in thai)

The 'waitress' goes to get the bill but forgets the check at the table. I send my Tgf to sort it all out, but now they dont have any change.

Whilst waiting for change, the shrimp cakes arrive, so we eat them, still waiting for change ten minutes later.

Eventually after 5 more minutes wait, the change arrives, we leave.

The place is a disaster...tables left uncleaned....dopy waitresses....an Airhead in charge....never again !!
Good thing is we can all laugh about it, as there are plenty more to choose from.

Cheers, MH

what scares me about places like this is the food prep and storage

some times they just have no idea

Thats a shame, it's a really nice place. I've had some really good times in there, just typical really, that It can change in a heartbeat, which it often does.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went there the other night, food was ok nothing special to shout about , the staff need a good kick up the ass fooking slow was not the word i would use,wont be going back there again, it could be a nice place if they spent a bit of money on new tables and chairs instead of those old white shite one's they have now. Hair_Out1

It used to be a nice restaurant with draft heineken and sexy waitresses but many new places have opened up and surpassed it now, it seems.

Had a few JUGS (OO) of that Dave at 145Baht not a bad price.

Back