Cows R US 100 strong to Surin.

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
Kap Choeng sent 100 people and I was the only non Thai to the Surin Provinical Livestock Office in Surin this morning. GPS of the facility we visited 14.8379578564, 103.581502375 (Salak Dai) the location is about 6km from Lobinson. There were over 100 from Kap Choeng and 15 were in our truck.:eek: We arrived about 9am and departed about 3:30pm this afternoon. This presentation was put on by the Surin Provinical Livestock Office. A catered breakfast and lunch was provided. :cool:I set through most of the presentations (aircon:D). I am still sorting out Q&A's but what i have been told CRU is getting 50 FEMALES, what kind I still do not know BUT the booklet that all were given (Thai) I was able to ascertain that this project uses Brahman, Charolais, Simmental,Tak Beef Cattle, Kampangsan, Kabinbri, Droughmaster and ndu Brazil. This complex is open to the public. I has about 50 head of some seriously good looking STEAK. It has its on feed process section, 10 kilo bag of feed was given to each and it has a butcher shop. I was told they have a store and restaurant in town. I was told that the information that they received was grate. What else comes out of this is anyones guess but I suspect more goodies. BTW if they sign a contract with them they are guaranteed 25,000 baht minimal for each cafe.

TEX

29196183_1615283498519189_7455693785654099968_n.jpg

There is MONEY in that SHYT:p:D Compost pile.

29186672_1615283035185902_2452633953325023232_n.jpg

If my memory serve me correctly:eek:;) I recall a local restaurant serving mentioned on this forum that people were giving good reviews on and the beef being local. HELP.

It was/is next to the hotel on the road to Lamduan approx 600 metres southeast of IQ at Hwy 293 (former 214 Ring-road).

(Possibly CoCo utilized this hotel outside the throbbing pulse of Surin.)

Was there a restuant inside Surin and I'm thinking around city hall area that also servevd and sold Waygu Beef ?
There was a place on the klong that sold Wagyu beef, not far from Starbeam. Don't know of any other restaurants serving Surin Wagyu beef.

The boss is back off to an all day meeting at the Surin Provinical Livestock Office in Surin tomorrow. There are only 5 picked to attend this meeting. I shall guard the ranch.

The friendly Thai guy who owns Monkey Coffee certainly used to sell Wagyu beef from a freezer in the unit next to the coffee shop. I'm not sure if he still does it or not. There was also a place close to (next to?) Surin Furniture that sold it.

The owner of the Wagyu restaurant in Coffee's picture is a farmer who sells his Wagyu beef at outlets in Bangkok. I haven't been there (the restaurant, not Bkk) for a year or more, but the beef was excellent whether as steaks or as beef noodle soup. Must go there again soon...

Nice RED flip-flops in your photo here Coffee :)

BTW. The afterbirth stew of about 8 liters was gone in a flash last night. I took a rain check.:D

Over the last three months the Brother in law and myself have also been building a new cow shed.
Unlike yours GL we did the whole shooting match ourselves. There was a big delay at the start whilst we waited for an "auspicious" day to start the project, now it is as good as finished I am reliably informed the cows will not be able to take up residence in their new home untill the 15th of next month!! The closest auspicious day! Frigging mumbo jumbo, winds me up!!
Some pics of progress so far.

20180202_111902.jpg received_1532403166807898.jpeg received_1546432162071665.jpeg 20180227_154444.jpg 20180327_123530_001.jpg

Over the last three months the Brother in law and myself have also been building a new cow shed.
Unlike yours GL we did the whole shooting match ourselves. There was a big delay at the start whilst we waited for an "auspicious" day to start the project, now it is as good as finished I am reliably informed the cows will not be able to take up residence in their new home untill the 15th of next month!! The closest auspicious day! Frigging mumbo jumbo, winds me up!!
Some pics of progress so far.

View attachment 20993 View attachment 20994 View attachment 20995 View attachment 20996 View attachment 20997

Very nice set up...

That's going to last for a long time. Well done!
I'm with you. Some idiot monk dictating when you can or cannot do something.

Back