Date for Second Extension

W

Wombat

I originally activated my "O" Visa on 13 October 2013, I did a exit/enter trip on 16 August 2014 which allowed me to stay in Thailand until 16 November 2014.

I then applied for and was given my first extension based on retirement on 09 October 2014 which allowed me to stay here until 16 November 2015.

My question is, what is the latest date I can apply for my second extension, is it sometime before 13 Oct 2015 or sometime before 16 Nov 2015?

I have been planning to do it around the start of November.

I originally activated my "O" Visa on 13 October 2013, I did a exit/enter trip on 16 August 2014 which allowed me to stay in Thailand until 16 November 2014.

I then applied for and was given my first extension based on retirement on 09 October 2014 which allowed me to stay here until 16 November 2015.

My question is, what is the latest date I can apply for my second extension, is it sometime before 13 Oct 2015 or sometime before 16 Nov 2015?

I have been planning to do it around the start of November.

It doesn't matter when you apply (up to a maximum of 45 days prior to expiry) you will get a year's extension from 16th November. Don't forget that your bank letter and passbook updates must be a maximum of 7 days before application, better within 2 days.

I always apply 2 - 3 weeks in advance in case there are any hiccoughs.

It doesn't matter when you apply (up to a maximum of 45 days prior to expiry) you will get a year's extension from 16th November. Don't forget that your bank letter and passbook updates must be a maximum of 7 days before application, better within 2 days.

Thanks Yorky, but do you understand my question fully? My "O" visa, is for 12 months, so I applied for my first extension just before it's validity expired, consequently will the visa expire exactly 2 years after it was first activated (13 Oct 2013) which would be 13 Oct 15 therefore cancelling my ability to extend it.

Hope you know what I mean.

If your income is a letter from your embassy KCI will accept it up to 6 months old if you have a letter from your bank then KCI will only accept it up got 3 days old. Either way be prepared to show above and beyond extra proof of theses incomes. You can apply for your new extension up to 45 days early at KCI, when granted it is tacked onto the ended of your existing extension so you do not lose any time.

Do you have a Visa OR an extension. Two very different things.

If your income is a letter from your embassy KCI will accept it up to 6 months old if you have a letter from your bank then KCI will only accept it up got 3 days old. Either way be prepared to show above and beyond extra proof of theses incomes. You can apply for your new extension up to 45 days early at KCI, when granted it is tacked onto the ended of your existing extension so you do not lose any time.

Do you have a Visa OR an extension. Two very different things.

GL, I am about to apply for my second extension of a 12 month "O" visa. My current extension expires on 16 November but my "O" visa will be 2 years old on 13 Oct. Last year I applied for my extension on 9 Oct. as my Visa expired on 13 Oct. So.....can I apply for my second extension on, say, 7 Nov?

Thanks Yorky, but do you understand my question fully? My "O" visa, is for 12 months, so I applied for my first extension just before it's validity expired, consequently will the visa expire exactly 2 years after it was first activated (13 Oct 2013) which would be 13 Oct 15 therefore cancelling my ability to extend it.

Hope you know what I mean.

What does the extension stamp in your passport state, i.e. "Extension of stay permitted up to"? That is the date before which you should extend again.

What does the extension stamp in your passport state, i.e. "Extension of stay permitted up to"? That is the date before which you should extend again.

Wow, this is turning into a saga, I wrote in my OP that my extension of stay was granted to 16 Nov so I will go to KC on or about 5 November as that is when my 800,000 has been seasoned.
Thanks.

GL, I am about to apply for my second extension of a 12 month "O" visa. My current extension expires on 16 November but my "O" visa will be 2 years old on 13 Oct. Last year I applied for my extension on 9 Oct. as my Visa expired on 13 Oct. So.....can I apply for my second extension on, say, 7 Nov?

OK got you. For info YOU ARE NOT ON A VISA.:smile: Your visa expired when you got an extension to stay based on being a retard. Hello1I have not been on a visa since 2012 my extension is on ball and chain aka marriage.Hug1 If you don't use the correct terminology you will get screwed up replys.Hair_Out1 My original post just above lays it out for you.Chokdee5

Doesn't apply here because of seasoning, but Kap Choeng only allow you to apply 30 days before.

Be aware that an application now is likely to go 'under consideration' for 30 days.

Doesn't apply here because of seasoning, but Kap Choeng only allow you to apply 30 days before.

Be aware that an application now is likely to go 'under consideration' for 30 days.

I don't know about likely, I thought the new rules meant that every application to extend a visa (based on retirement) was subject to 'under consideration' pending a house visit.

A friend of mine applied to extended his visa (base on retirement) at the end of August. He was given the 30 day under consideration pending a house visit. They did the house visit and asked for the Pui Yai Baan + one other to be in attendance too. The extension was approved without problems and he collected the duly authorised extension last week.

Wombat, I suggest you include a map of where you live in your paperwork. Easier to take it with you than sketch something down there.

I don't know about likely, I thought the new rules meant that every application to extend a visa (based on retirement) was subject to 'under consideration' pending a house visit.

A friend of mine applied to extended his visa (base on retirement) at the end of August. He was given the 30 day under consideration pending a house visit. They did the house visit and asked for the Pui Yai Baan + one other to be in attendance too. The extension was approved without problems and he collected the duly authorised extension last week.

Wombat, I suggest you include a map of where you live in your paperwork. Easier to take it with you than sketch something down there.

To account for the balance of probability I could have added 'most'.. likely.

Not all - there are reports of some just being approved.

GL may know... someone said one reason for the 'under consideration' was because Korat wanted to approve ALL extensions. I was aware that marriage fell to them, but not (what GL calls) retard extension.

Steve - please concentrate - your friend extended his permission to stay NOT his visa!! :smile: Think1

This is the case for retirement extension have not heard other wise. Saying this IF his money was seasoned he can start the process up to 45 days before his old extension expires. Also have your better half with you as they cracked down on the TM 30 form. Each time you do a new extension your presents has to be reported to KCI.

Last edited:
OK got you. For info YOU ARE NOT ON A VISA.:smile: Your visa expired when you got an extension to stay based on being a retard. Hello1I have not been on a visa since 2012 my extension is on ball and chain aka marriage.Hug1 If you don't use the correct terminology you will get screwed up replys.Hair_Out1 My original post just above lays it out for you.Chokdee5

I would have thought you were on a retard extension, GL. That terminology suits and you'd get no argument or screwed up reply.

I keep a number of copies of a map detailing where I live in case of purchases of items that will not fit safely in my pick-up.

I keep a number of copies of a map detailing where I live in case of purchases of items that will not fit safely in my pick-up.

The KCI Suppression Unit that does the interview has the latest kit and the know how to use Google Earth and GPS...so if you can include the GPS location of your house.

The KCI Suppression Unit that does the interview has the latest kit and the know how to use Google Earth and GPS...so if you can include the GPS location of your house.

It's OK, they know where our Puyai Baan lives and she knows where I live.

Or so rumour has it.

[Edit: hopefully it will all have been forgotten by the time I need to extend again.]

Ray, I will pay more attention in future.

"I will extend my permission to stay based on retirement" at the beginning of December 2015. My next 90-day report is due on 2nd December and the expiry of my current permission to stay based on retirement expires on 30th December. Last time I did my 90 day report the IO said I could extend my permission to stay the same time I next did my 90 day report. I note that the permission to stay will start from the expiry date of the previous permission to stay and not from the time I do my 90-day report.

In addition to the TM 47 (90 day report) and passport I will take with me:

1. SWMBO to sign the TM 30 and any other forms that are presented to her.

2. Signed (on each page) bank statement for the previous 12 months.

3. Signed and embossed letter from the Briitish Embassy confirming my annual income is in excess of 800K per year.

4. Signed photocopies of the relevent pages from my passport.

5. Signed photocopy of arrival card.

6. Recent 6 x 4 cm photos of self (mug shot).

7. Signed copy of the Yellow Tabien Baan

8. Signed map of home address.

(Originals plus 1 complete set of photocopies and 2 mug shots.)

I think that will do the job nicely. Have I missed anything?

(Originals plus 1 complete set of photocopies and 2 mug shots.)

Seriously, and because the 30 day under consideration (retirement) is all new to me, are we required to submit only one set of photocopies? It was a requirement for the marriage extension applications in the past to submit two copies.

Back