Dohome to open Surin branch at former IQ.

Agree.
Also developing projects for and enacting proven plans to enhance or deepen the city's water supply reservoir would surely benefit the sustainable growth of Surin.

Dohome will be selling kit for wells/bore.
DOHOME%202_Jun_01_19.jpg

I love happy people.:rolleyes:
Guaranteed that a McDonalds, Taco Bell, Sizzler, Wendy's, etc on more corners in Surin will NOT make the Thai people more happy. Maybe you, because you appear to want things to be more like where you came from, but this is Thailand and they should be allowed to stay like they have been for many years.

I like Thai food, I find it delicious and beneficial to my health. I have never thought that the McD, Burger King, Wendy's food was either healthy for me or beneficial to my pocket book

You imply that I am unhappy, and that is definitely not the case. I simply disagree with some of your opinions and that, I think, is what a forum is used for. You don't agree, show me why...don't insult me.

Agree.
Also developing projects for and enacting proven plans to enhance or deepen the city's water supply reservoir would surely benefit the sustainable growth of Surin.
And, of course, they could buy their materials from the new branch of DoHome in Surin to complete this project. o_Oo_Oo_O

Guaranteed that a McDonalds, Taco Bell, Sizzler, Wendy's, etc on more corners in Surin will NOT make the Thai people more happy. Maybe you, because you appear to want things to be more like where you came from, but this is Thailand and they should be allowed to stay like they have been for many years.

I like Thai food, I find it delicious and beneficial to my health. I have never thought that the McD, Burger King, Wendy's food was either healthy for me or beneficial to my pocket book

You imply that I am unhappy, and that is definitely not the case. I simply disagree with some of your opinions and that, I think, is what a forum is used for. You don't agree, show me why...don't insult me.

I tend to agree with you. I came to live in Thailand because of the differences between here and my old home, though aspects of both places were far from perfect. I enjoy the weather here - and disliked the cold in North Wales (and the frequent rain!) On the other hand, the odd cooler day here is refreshing.

Thai food is great - but not all of it, just as is the case anywhere else in the world. I miss peaches and plums, but love jackfruit and other fruit that wasn't available to me before. I miss the quality of UK meat, and long for some decent lamb. ANY lamb.

So far as fast food goes, I avoid it most of the time, but an occasional Burger King makes for a nice change. Eating that or McDs or KFC a few times a week/month doesn't appeal to me at all though, any more than eating Thai for every meal, every day would either. I don't have to eat in an aircon room all the time, but eating on a dirty pavement doesn't appeal either.

The truth is that I was fascinated by the architecture here, from the traditional teakwood houses to the Grand Palace and the wats. Blenheim Palace is nice too, and I'd prefer a 1930s brick-built house in the 'burbs to a shophouse next to the klong. The novelty of the differences here wears off after a while - just as it did in the UK. Do Thais really need fast foods in shopping malls? With the benefit of 20/20 hindsight, they don't! Hello diabetes and heart disease. But the "old" Thai foods including Pla Ra remains a real killer too, together with the vast amount of sugar added to everything: Sausage in a sweet roll? No thanks.

No country is perfect, but some are more perfect than others. Does anyone expect them to remain the same for centuries? Hell no! "Progress" is a subjective term, and the Western world has changed enormously over the last 60-odd years in my experience. There were (and remain) many things about life in the UK that changed in my lifetime, some for the better but many for the worse too - including aspects of the daily diet. Pick any country and the same applies. Just because the West may have had some things earlier, and that Thais regard them as novelties to be enjoyed doesn't make them right - any more than Spam in batter and baked beans for school dinners once a week was right during the 50s and 60s for example.

Thailand has moved on from Anna and the King, maybe for the better in some respects, and it would be brilliant if Thais adopted the good things without letting the West's bad habits spoil the country. That's just me though - and everyone will have different opinions on that, rightly so.

Surin Sabaidi shared a link.
Admin · 20 mins
DO HOME to inject 600 million bahts in 3 new sites (Surin, Rayong and Phitsanulok).

สำนักข่าวอีไฟแนนซ์ไทย- -9 ธ.ค. 62 9:27: น. 'ดูโฮม' คาดผลงานปี 63 โตต่อเนื่อง ทุ่มงบลงทุน 900 ลบ.ลุยขยาย 3 สาขาใหญ่ นางสลิลทิ.....

About this website

EFINANCETHAI.COM

DOHOME คาดผลงานปี 63 โตต่อเนื่อง ทุ่ม 900 ลบ.ลุยขยาย 3 สาขาใหญ่
สำนักข่าวอีไฟแนนซ์ไทย- -9 ธ.ค. 62 9:27: น. 'ดูโฮม' คาดผลงานปี 63 โตต่อเนื่อง ทุ่มงบลงทุน 900 ลบ.ลุยขยาย 3 สาขาใหญ่ นางสลิลทิ.....
https://www.efinancethai.com/Lastes...MCLsJpnMt79_YhSdMM428QS7Et7OKTD-tY3L8-jFUFdlE

No indication of anything going on at the location yesterday. As for the market on they west side, looks like a total renovation in progress.

There must be a market for these places in Surin. They have a lot of competition for a city this size. I wouldn't think Surin needs 4 or 5 of these home improvement/construction outlets.

Great post, Merlin. Agree with all you said here.

I tend to agree with you. I came to live in Thailand because of the differences between here and my old home, though aspects of both places were far from perfect. I enjoy the weather here - and disliked the cold in North Wales (and the frequent rain!) On the other hand, the odd cooler day here is refreshing.

Thai food is great - but not all of it, just as is the case anywhere else in the world. I miss peaches and plums, but love jackfruit and other fruit that wasn't available to me before. I miss the quality of UK meat, and long for some decent lamb. ANY lamb.

So far as fast food goes, I avoid it most of the time, but an occasional Burger King makes for a nice change. Eating that or McDs or KFC a few times a week/month doesn't appeal to me at all though, any more than eating Thai for every meal, every day would either. I don't have to eat in an aircon room all the time, but eating on a dirty pavement doesn't appeal either.

The truth is that I was fascinated by the architecture here, from the traditional teakwood houses to the Grand Palace and the wats. Blenheim Palace is nice too, and I'd prefer a 1930s brick-built house in the 'burbs to a shophouse next to the klong. The novelty of the differences here wears off after a while - just as it did in the UK. Do Thais really need fast foods in shopping malls? With the benefit of 20/20 hindsight, they don't! Hello diabetes and heart disease. But the "old" Thai foods including Pla Ra remains a real killer too, together with the vast amount of sugar added to everything: Sausage in a sweet roll? No thanks.

No country is perfect, but some are more perfect than others. Does anyone expect them to remain the same for centuries? Hell no! "Progress" is a subjective term, and the Western world has changed enormously over the last 60-odd years in my experience. There were (and remain) many things about life in the UK that changed in my lifetime, some for the better but many for the worse too - including aspects of the daily diet. Pick any country and the same applies. Just because the West may have had some things earlier, and that Thais regard them as novelties to be enjoyed doesn't make them right - any more than Spam in batter and baked beans for school dinners once a week was right during the 50s and 60s for example.

Thailand has moved on from Anna and the King, maybe for the better in some respects, and it would be brilliant if Thais adopted the good things without letting the West's bad habits spoil the country. That's just me though - and everyone will have different opinions on that, rightly so.

Will have to bring my wife around to eat some of his som tam. Extra spicy. :) She smiled when I told her and licked her chops at the thought of some good spicy som tam just down the road from us. :)

Back