DoHome

nomad97

Resident Geek
80490662_2758590234162618_141546849172455424_o.jpg

80980528_2758590357495939_8239048739013001216_o.jpg

The photo above, while recent (DoHome sign erected), basically shows IQ as it was, without the projection at the front right-hand corner. I drive past a couple of times a week and all the heavy lift cranes and the like have disappeared. Construction seems to have gone quiet for the moment.

Surin SabaiditoElephant and Castle (Surin News & Events) - ช้างและปราสาท (ข่าวของสุรินทร์)
2 hrs ·
Mega "DO HOME" Surin to open next June.

SurinCityTalk | อัพเดตทุกเรื่องเมืองสุรินทร์
13 hrs ·
ห้างดูโฮมวิเคราะห์ศักยภาพสุรินทร์ มั่นใจปักธงเปิดสาขาสุรินทร์มิถุนายนนี้

+++ สาขาสุรินทร์จะเปิดในเดือน มิถุนายน 2563

+++ สาขาสุรินทร์เป็นสาขาที่ใช้รูปแบบขนาดใหญ...

See More

I did wonder if DoHome are part of the Thai Space Agency. The central storage space is very tall and looks like a rocket hangar for a moon shot.

upload_2020-3-8_15-10-54.png

Some say that IQ was run badly, and closed because of that.

Some say it shut because of the competition from Thai Watsadu, HomePro, Global, and SCG HomeSolutions, plus Noppakao Homemart (which used to be SCG, next door to Global.)

Others say there was a different reason for the closure and sale to DoHome.

If it was the competition that brought about it's closure, why on earth would DoHome buy it and then enlarge it? DoHome is a national company, with a decent looking website (Thai language only though as far as I can see): www.dohome.co.th/ offering home deliveries and a tracking service.
Maybe they feel they can see their competitors off!

When it opens, it will at least make an alternative venue for exercise!

Has anyone visited one of their other stores? The company has nine branches, four of which are in Greater Bangkok: Rangsit, Rama II Road, Bang Bua Thong and Bang Na. Five are in provinces, mainly in the North and Northeast, in Ubon Ratchathani, Nakhon Ratchasima, Khon Kaen, Udon Thani and Chiang Mai.

Last year, they announced plans to open 90 small branches which would be called DoHome To Go - old news article at: www.bangkokpost.com/business/1718259/dohome-adding-90-small-branches-for-diy-buyers

IQ was, for many years, my favourite store. I cannot remember the company that had the other DIY store across the road, now taken over and called Thai Watsadu. Thai Watsadu soon became my favourite store. Why? Because it was a better organised, better stocked, and carried a more varied range of goods at a good price too. They did not carry the same range as IQ and in some areas, IQ was still the place to go to, especially for little bits and pieces not available elsewhere. Global is a good store too, but it is on the other side of town for me, a 20-kilometre round trip. I also enjoy HomePro for household goods, electrical and the like. I am looking forward to seeing what DoHome has to offer. Horses for courses.

Back