Extension of Stay time again.

It's always been a mystery to me why ฿400,000.00 for marriage and ฿800,000.00 for retirement. The old adage is "two can live as cheaply as one"; not "two can live on half the funds as one".
The presumption is that if you are married, your "entertainment" is somewhat curtailed, and therefore your expenses are somewhat lower than one who is not married. ::Devil::

The presumption is that if you are married, your "entertainment" is somewhat curtailed, and therefore your expenses are somewhat lower than one who is not married. ::Devil::

It is also permissible to work (and earn a few bob more) when extending your stay on the marriage route (with a work permit, of course) whereas work is forbidden when you have a retirement extension.

Order of the Royal Thai Police
no. 161/2563
Subject: Amendment of criteria and conditions for consideration of an alien’s application for a temporary stay in the Kingdom
Pursuant to the order no.327/2557 dated June 30, 2014 issued by the Royal Thai Police concerning the criteria and conditions for consideration of an alien’s application for a temporary stay in the Kingdom as amended by the order no.35/2562 dated January 18, 2019 and order no.548/2562 dated September 27, 2019 concerning the amendment of criteria and conditions for consideration of an alien’s application for a temporary stay in the Kingdom;
It is deemed expedient to amend the criteria and conditions for consideration of an alien’s application for a temporary stay in the Kingdom in order to suit the current situation.
By virtue of Section 11(4) of the Royal Thai Police Act B.E.2547 (2004), Commissioner General of the Royal Thai Police hereby issues the following order prescribing the criteria and conditions for consideration of an alien’s application for a temporary stay in the Kingdom under paragraph 3, section 35 of the Immigration Act B.E.2522 (1979):
The article 2.11, 2.20 and 2.27 of criteria and conditions for consideration of an alien’s application for a temporary stay in the Kingdom attached to the order no. 327/2557 dated June 30, 2014 issued by the Royal Thai Police concerning the criteria and conditions for consideration of an alien’s application for a temporary stay in the Kingdom shall be repealed and superseded by the article attached to this order.
This order is effective as of April 30, 2020.
Given on March 30, 2020
Police General Chakthip Chaijinda Commissioner General of the Royal Thai Police
Criteria for consideration of granting an alien’s extension of stay in the Kingdom Attachment to order no.161/2563 of the Royal Thai Police dated March 30, 2020
Reasons of necessity Criteria for consideration
page2image1398091952 page2image1398092240
2.11 In case of being a family member of alien permitted to temporarily stay in the Kingdom for studying in an educational institution according to the criterion 2.8 or 2.9 hereof (applicable only to father, mother, spouse (male- female), child, adopted child, or spouse’s child):
Each permission shall be granted for no more than one year.
1. The alien must have been granted an official visa or non-immigrant visa.
2. Must have a proof of relationship.
3. In case of being a spouse, the relationship must be de jure and de facto: or
4. In case of being a child, adopted child or spouse’s child who is a dependent, the said child, adopted child or spouse’s child must not be married and must live with the alien as part of the family and must not be over 20 years old of age: or
5. In case of being a father or mother, a fund must be deposited in a commercial bank located in Thailand
under the name of the said father or mother of no less than 500,000 baht for the past three months. Only for
the first year, the applicant must have a proof of deposit account in which the said amount has been maintained for no less than 30 days prior to the filing date.
2.20 In case of being a family member of alien permitted to temporarily stay in the Kingdom under the criteria 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 2.10, 2.12, 2.13, 2.14, 2.15, 2.16, 2.17, 2.21, 2.22, 2.26, 2.27, 2.29, 2.32 hereof or section 34 (1) (2) and (7) of the Immigration Act, including a family member of alien granted a non-immigrant visa which contains
the “A” letter at the end of visa code (applicable only to father, mother, spouse (male-female), child, adopted child, or spouse’s child), except for the non-immigrant visa code L-A:
1. The alien must have been granted an official visa or non-immigrant visa.
2. Must have a proof of relationship.
3. In case of being a spouse, the relationship must be de jure and de facto: or
4. In case of being a child, adopted child or spouse’s child who is a dependent, the said child, adopted child or spouse’s child must not be married and must live with the alien as part of the family and must not be over 20 years old of age, except in case of illness or disability, and unable to live alone without the support of father or mother: or
5. In case of being a father or mother, the age must be 50 years old or above.
6. In case of being a family member of alien permitted to temporarily stay under the criterion 2.27, the applicant must have been certified and requested by a government agency of departmental level or equivalent or the head of state enterprise or the head of other state agencies or a police official whose level is equivalent to or higher than divisional level or a military official of command unit under the Ministry of Defense, Royal Thai Aimed Forces
Each permission shall be granted for no more than one year.Headquarters, Royal Thai Army, Royal Thai Navy or Royal Thai Air Force who is a Major General, Rear Admiral, Air Force Marshal or a relevant official with higher rank or by an embassy or consulate or international organization.
7. In case of being a family member of alien permitted to temporarily stay under the criterion 2.32, the applicant must have been certified and requested by the head of organization who is the employer of alien permitted to temporarily stay under the criterion 2.32 and must be certified by the Sport Authority of Thailand.
2.27 In case of performing duties or missions for a government agency or state enterprise or other state agencies or an embassy or consulate or international organization:
Each permission shall be granted for no more than ninety days.
An exception is made in case of necessity, on a case-by-case basis, where each permission shall be granted for no more than one year.

Hey- When I just now replied to Young Gun s post at 4am,suddenly all those posts from GL timed prior to "noon" just appeared like magic/out of the blue.Amazing Thai!

I think the form they are asking for,is the form you completed prior to them approving and issuing your Marriage/Cert.
That form with photos are sent to KK and to my knowledge and if go over the first 30 days and I seen people from are area take 6 month for approval that time is taking of 12 month.

The original forum and photos 2 and other forums signed by you and your wife are sent to Region 4 HQ in Khon Kaen are signed as being true by your office.
@ Jomtien immi, once the medusa on counter 6 accepts my paperwork,( 2 copies) I have to come back, 1 month later, after lunch
to recieve my new exemption stamp. I and a lot of other farangs understand why there is a perspex barrier in front of her.
It's to stop people punching her lights out.

@ Jomtien immi, once the medusa on counter 6 accepts my paperwork,( 2 copies) I have to come back, 1 month later, after lunch
to recieve my new exemption stamp. I and a lot of other farangs understand why there is a perspex barrier in front of her.
It's to stop people punching her lights out.
So I hear!

It is also permissible to work (and earn a few bob more) when extending your stay on the marriage route (with a work permit, of course) whereas work is forbidden when you have a retirement extension.
Like most laws/rules in Thailand, there are numerous cases of this being circumvented. Most teaching agencies here advise 'teacher' over 50, to get a retirement visa and 'all will be OK'. Some even work without a WP too
I believe (from friends) that they must not be called 'teachers' but 'teaching assistants' or something simular.
I am very grateful not to be in that situation, my self.

Ivor-Surely that advice from "Teaching agencies" is incorrect as the Govt/Laws of Thai say you can t work if you have a retirement visa/extension.

Ivor-Surely that advice from "Teaching agencies" is incorrect as the Govt/Laws of Thai say you can t work if you have a retirement visa/extension.
As I said, there are ways to get around the laws. I guess corrupt OI's might be involved with this common type of 'scam'. All the agencies are interested in
, is getting 'bums on seats' Legally or Illegally.

Back