fill up the land

L

lillepeer

hey
anybody knows of the price now for a truck full off soil in surin for fill up the old ricefield for rise the land

Last time we did it about 18 months ago it was 150 bt per truck and 20 bt per load for the tractor to work his magic.

Ask around mate, They will all differ in their offers i would imagine.

The price is governed by how far it has to travel from to get to your land mate , I’ve heard from 150 baht a truck (bargain) up to 450 baht .So a good deal 250 \ 300 . Now is not the best time to buy better in a month or two mate once the land is dry, but all depends whats happening near where you are. Best idea is to drive around and look for a lake that is getting dug out then send a Thai person to ask how much and do the deal. Good luck mate !

The price is governed by how far it has to travel from to get to your land mate , I’ve heard from 150 baht a truck (bargain) up to 450 baht .So a good deal 250 \ 300 . Now is not the best time to buy better in a month or two mate once the land is dry, but all depends whats happening near where you are. Best idea is to drive around and look for a lake that is getting dug out then send a Thai person to ask how much and do the deal. Good luck mate !

This is exactly what we did (near Krasang in Buriram), and on both occasions we got it for 150 Bt/load. Of course the size of the trucks varies!

We filled in about a full rai about 2 years ago....B150 a load. Seems to be the going price B150-B200. But every situation is different.....as we prepare to do it again within the month, I'm expecting about the same.

Rick - How many loads did it take to fill the rai ?
I believe that would depend on how deep one would want to fill.....if I recall, for us it took about 35 loads, as this piece of property was low and "swampy". But, some situations might call for more {45?} or even less {20?}.

1 Ria is 1600 sqm so if you want to fill up 1 meter high you will need 1600 Cubic meters Most trucks carry 4 cube so work from that, 1 meter high 400 trucks ,50 cm high 200 trucks and so on remember the land will settle between 25 and 30 % . It depends of course on the truck size but if they say the truck has 6 cube its still a simple sum to work out ,hope this is of some help.

Thank you both for your helpful replies . I had some land near Nakhon Sawan that the family gave us and I had it filled - I was not sure if the sister ripped us off or not , but I see she did not . Oh Happy days !!!
I forgot to say - nearly a rai of paddy field - cost 50,000 to fill then top up after it had settled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back