Food and football.

spuddy90

Hello all. I was wondering what bars or restaurants around the locality would show some premier league games. I'll be there for 3 weeks over the xmas. I'm with a family of 4 so some restaurants with food keep the other half entertained. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

There are a few Farang bars/restaurants on Soi Cola that should have good food and large screen TV for football matches. The only problem I can see is the time difference between the UK and Thailand, +7 at this time of year. So the 3 o'clock kick-offs will screen at 22.00 hours in Thailand. The mid-week matches start at 03.00 hours the following day. Not sure the bars will be open for those games.

Typical Thai times over the Christmas period are as follows:

upload_2019-11-26_20-16-47.png
upload_2019-11-26_20-17-29.png

There are a few Farang bars/restaurants on Soi Cola that should have good food and large screen TV for football matches. The only problem I can see is the time difference between the UK and Thailand, +7 at this time of year. So the 3 o'clock kick-offs will screen at 22.00 hours in Thailand. The mid-week matches start at 03.00 hours the following day. Not sure the bars will be open for those games.

Typical Thai times over the Christmas period are as follows:

View attachment 31269
View attachment 31270
Thanks nomad. I see the spurs v Brighton is the best time. The early Saturday kick offs will suit. Will check out soi cola for sure

Thanks nomad. I see the spurs v Brighton is the best time. The early Saturday kick offs will suit. Will check out soi cola for sure

Is soi cola street off where speed is/was?

Last edited:
Spuddy, Did you ever find the place and your football games?
Hey cent. Just landed back in surin yesterday. Spent a few days in ayutthaya. Hope to check out Bars this evening. Will try get in sunday evening to watch man United v Everton. Its is a 9pm kick off so will suit

Hey @spuddy90 , just think of them as in transition.

On the bright side they're still a top five club in the EPL league...and may well play on in Europa.

Back