Fresh Vietnamese Food

W

Wombat

Went for a walk around town yesterday while the new car got its windows tinted and discovered a new takeaway option.

It consists of a full pack of ingredients to make those Vietnamese Roll/Wrap things. The food where you wrap the ingredients in those wafer sheets.

My wife and I often used to eat them in Pattaya at Vientiene Restaurant.

At this shop you get a box with about 10 pre cooked pork sausages, a huge amount of salad greens, 3 packs of the wafer sheets, 3 sauces, cucumber, banana, starfruit, chillies, garlic all for 300 baht. You just microwave the snags, set out the dishes and pigout. You can buy smaller packs for 200 or 100 baht. I have attached a photo of the box so you will recognize the shop.

To find the shop you walk past Ruampet Hospital heading into the city centre and the shop is situated about 50 metres down from the noodle shops and samlors outside the hospital. I think it is between the hospital and the intersection that leads to the Tong Tarin.

Attachments

• DSC00055.JPG
    DSC00055.JPG
    559.3 KB · Views: 0
Thanks Wombat, that's a very good tip. We used to enjoy the same when some relatives brought them down from Udon Thani. Good to hear they are available in town. Now I can pick up the girls from school at 1645, drive on to Ruem Phet (500 meters) and pick up the evening BBQ. Great!

Slightly off patch but if you are ever in Nang Rong there is a lady who has a Vietnamese restaurant and her fresh spring rolls are the dog's nuts.

Is it easy to find off the 24? Always looking for good eating spots in that highway.

Slightly off patch but if you are ever in Nang Rong there is a lady who has a Vietnamese restaurant and her fresh spring rolls are the dog's nuts.

I thought they were OK :smile:

Long time since I have been there -is she still operating?

I've had this before from this place. They were good. It is a favorite dish of mine here. I had it the first time in Pattaya at the Thai House Restaurant many years ago (15 or so). Used to love that restaurant and go every time I was down there. Fell in love with this VN stuff and the flavors and style of eating it. Delicious! My wife used to make these up and feed them to me by hand. Lovely. Not as much now all these years later. 555555 The Thais call it Nam Nueung. Pronounced 'Nam' Like pram. And "New Uhng' very slight emphasis on the 'h' sound. I've no clue what the VN call this.

Went for a walk around town yesterday while the new car got its windows tinted and discovered a new takeaway option.

It consists of a full pack of ingredients to make those Vietnamese Roll/Wrap things. The food where you wrap the ingredients in those wafer sheets.

My wife and I often used to eat them in Pattaya at Vientiene Restaurant.

At this shop you get a box with about 10 pre cooked pork sausages, a huge amount of salad greens, 3 packs of the wafer sheets, 3 sauces, cucumber, banana, starfruit, chillies, garlic all for 300 baht. You just microwave the snags, set out the dishes and pigout. You can buy smaller packs for 200 or 100 baht. I have attached a photo of the box so you will recognize the shop.

To find the shop you walk past Ruampet Hospital heading into the city centre and the shop is situated about 50 metres down from the noodle shops and samlors outside the hospital. I think it is between the hospital and the intersection that leads to the Tong Tarin.

Back