Fresh water LOBSTER Farm in Sisaket

IsaanAussie

Plans now underway to farm Lobsters. Australian Red Claws and other species. I am looking for expressions of interest from businesses and individuals. Comments invited from all.

Plans now underway to farm Lobsters. Australian Red Claws and other species. I am looking for expressions of interest from businesses and individuals. Comments invited from all.

I'll openly express my interest at present from a gastronomic POV Awesome1
In addition, were you seeking financial backing or investors :confused:

I'll openly express my interest at present from a gastronomic POV Awesome1
In addition, were you seeking financial backing or investors :confused:

Funding/Investment is always an option and happy to discuss any parameters you may have offline.

Just google "red claw lobster" under images.

A very good idea. Giant crawfish. I am sure many restaurants in BKK and the tourist areas would be willing to buy and sell these. I am pretty sure Doug of Bourbon Street restaurant would be interested in these large red claw crawdads. I also think he has a crawfish farm here in Thailand for use in his restaurant. Delicious. Pricey, but very good taste and my wife loves the Cajun Spiced Crawdads Doug serves in his Bourbon Street restaurant in Bangkok. These red claw Aussie crawfish look to grow quite large! Some shown in the pics I saw were nearly the size of what we in Boston call 'chicken lobsters', usually around a pound and a half in weight.

A good idea and business opportunity I think, IsaanAussie!

Cheers,

Mike

Hey guys them's the ones. I believe Bourbon Street also sell Red Claws. Of course we are here in Isaan and the expats here, me included, will not pay BKK prices. As for the growing conditions, agreed, as natural as possible.

Some pics for Alan.

A very good idea. Giant crawfish. I am sure many restaurants in BKK and the tourist areas would be willing to buy and sell these. I am pretty sure Doug of Bourbon Street restaurant would be interested in these large red claw crawdads. I also think he has a crawfish farm here in Thailand for use in his restaurant. Delicious. Pricey, but very good taste and my wife loves the Cajun Spiced Crawdads Doug serves in his Bourbon Street restaurant in Bangkok. These red claw Aussie crawfish look to grow quite large! Some shown in the pics I saw were nearly the size of what we in Boston call 'chicken lobsters', usually around a pound and a half in weight.

A good idea and business opportunity I think, IsaanAussie!

Cheers,

Mike

Australian-Red-Claw-Crayfish-2_zps7ecb103a.jpg

GGT_12-10-2011_EGN_01_GYM101111redclaw56_1__fct977x601x147_t460_zps9c748250.jpg

abredclawhand_zps0dc548d2.jpg

Un-believable Progress

I've had some local aquarium type crayfish for six weeks and been impressed by the growth. Two weeks ago we acquired (don't ask) ten red claws and I am blown away by the difference. Over twice the size at the same age.
Off to Oz in ten days to see more. This is too good to be true!

I spoke with someone recently before leaving for the states about these red claw Aussie crawdads/lobsters and was told they are not allowed to be imported into Thailand due to their possible release/escape into the wild and the damage they can do to local fauna as an invasive species. How true this is I am not sure of, but something to look into the legality of and possible consequences of doing. I'd be interested in hearing more info on this. They look to be good eating, and no harder to raise than farmed shrimp except for the tube habitat extras. I do know Doug from Bourbon Street used to have a large fish tank with small crawdads in it. Maybe when I am back and in Bangkok I'll go to his restaurant and have a chat and see what he may know on the subject. If it is possible to do he might be interested as a buyer for his customers dining pleasure as well.

I'll be dining on some of the big tasty Maine bugs while I am here. Farkin' yum! :)

lCurt_and_large_lobsters_zps4f3a6c89.png

lBig_Maine_Lobster_Happy_Customer_zpsf2d50e9d.jpg

I want this guy's t-shirt too. :) Maine lobster from the cold North Atlantic ocean waters. It doesn't get any better than this. I'll have a lobster roll this weekend too I think. With real onion rings from Kelly's Roast Beef and Sea on Revere Beach, with their home-made New England Clam Chowder of course, with Oyster crackers baby! lol

Mike

P.S. Spent the entire day with my 4 year old grand daughter yesterday. Tuckered me out the little kid did. Just her and I, with no other grandkids to interrupt the little blabbermouth. God that girl can talk! :) Ran me ragged. We had some good Mexican food at a new place nearby as well in Rowley MA. Sunday is planned with a family gathering and breakfast at the Rowley Village Pancake House (an old colonial house made into a fine pancake breakfast restaurant) in the morning, then at 11 a.m. we all go to the Topsfield Fair, the oldest fair in the USA... rides for the kids, animals, 4H competitions, great foods, and all sorts of things to do and see. Should be great fun with my kids and grandkids. I haven't been there in years and years.

http://www.villagepancakehouse.com/

http://www.topsfieldfair.org/

Last edited:
Thanks Cent, I'll check the details, but it is not the information I have. If you are right then someone has been "a very naughty boy" indeed.:wink:

Aussie lobsters

Jazzys bike and lobsters 004.jpgThe fresh water marin look good and I hope they are as tasty as these bad boys were.

Address of lobster farm

I've had some local aquarium type crayfish for six weeks and been impressed by the growth. Two weeks ago we acquired (don't ask) ten red claws and I am blown away by the difference. Over twice the size at the same age.
Off to Oz in ten days to see more. This is too good to be true!

Do you know the address of this lobster farm ?.
If it is appropiate, send me a private message with detail.
They will go well with fresh ham and crown largers for Christmas lunch. ThumbUp6

Am I missing something?

If these lobsters are being reared and are for sale, we need to know where to buy them and the price.

They are not being reared by a forum member and he doesn't want details published (so he tells me).

Maybe in a year or so he will be ready for sales.

Back