Guttering - supply and fit in Surin?

I had a very profesional job done a couple of years ago on the main roof guttering and downpipes. The old guttering, tin plate, had rusted and fallen away from the house, together with a number of facia boards (original fitment). We had to take our turn in the queue, maybe a couple of weeks, but he came around and manufactured new stainless steel gutters and down pipes (qty 2). After he repaired the facia boards, refitted to the house with stainless screws and nails., he fitted the guttering and downpipes. We have not had any trouble for the past couple of years. I think he came from Buriram, not Surin. Definitely recommended. I will try and find his name and telephone number later today.

P.S. Nice lines, impressive.

Initally I was going to opt for the PVC. However, due to an accident on a wooden chair, when I needed 20 stiches in my leg, I was forced to reconsider doing the job myself. The stainless was not cheap, in fact, more expensive than the PVC from memory. Finally, the stainless should last my lifetime and then some.

Our builder's advice was to consider other material (aluminium, gal, stainless) in preference.

From my limited experience of other builds, I've found that metal gutters tend to be more noisy. However, I would be interested to find out the builder's reasons for the preferences. I've had PVC gutters for 23 years on my drum which have only developed minor leakages recently (albeit the gutters are 3/4 150mm diameter pipes).

067.jpg

I had a very profesional job done a couple of years ago on the main roof guttering and downpipes. The old guttering, tin plate, had rusted and fallen away from the house, together with a number of facia boards (original fitment). We had to take our turn in the queue, maybe a couple of weeks, but he came around and manufactured new stainless steel gutters and down pipes (qty 2). After he repaired the facia boards, refitted to the house with stainless screws and nails., he fitted the guttering and downpipes. We have not had any trouble for the past couple of years. I think he came from Buriram, not Surin. Definitely recommended. I will try and find his name and telephone number later today.

P.S. Nice lines, impressive.
Sorry, no name or number. My wife found him on Facebook and confirms that he came from Buriram.

Back