HELP! get me out of here!

D

Dave The Dude

I have my private pension going into a Nationwide flexaccount and reported a fraudulent ATM withdrawal. They cancelled my card (which I expected) and sent me this message!....

Dear Member,
Thank you for your message.

As you have confirmed fraud I have stopped the card ending ****,

Unfortunately we are unable to send cards to Thailand, I enclose the information

If the account has an overseas mailing address, the card will be sent directly to the customers overseas mailing address unless the address is in a SID "no post" area. The current "no post" areas are:

Eastern Europe
Asia
South America
Africa
Middle East
Therefore we are unable to send a card to you. You will need to find alternative way to get your pension.

Val Bowditch
Fraud Analyst
Special Investigations Department

"Working in partnership with the business to control fraud"

I have written to them pleading them to reconsider and offered a UK address for card to be sent. Also written to pension provider (NatWest) asking for advice.

Thought I'd mention it here as I NOW know Nationwide have got plans to get rid of us expat account holders!!!!!!!!!!!
:NoNo3:

Very Worried of Surin.

I have 2 flex accounts and when I have a new card, I have it sent to a UK address (the one where my account is registered). Since the flex card is a debit card, I remove all cash from the account before having it sent to Thailand by ordinary post, then upon arrival reinstate the cash balance.

More recently Ray CC has acted as my courier for bank cards etc.

They sent the one just cancelled here no problem. Maybe it went to my local branch in Eastbourne and they sent it on from there, its a possibility I suppose.

My jolly spending trip to Patter & BKK is looking a bit ominous now.

They sent the one just cancelled here no problem. Maybe it went to my local branch in Eastbourne and they sent it on from there, its a possibility I suppose.

My jolly spending trip to Patter & BKK is looking a bit ominous now.

There's always the "Bush babes"!

I was going to get an medical eye test/contact lenses/buy motorbike gear

The eye doctor at Buriram private hospital is supposedly first class - at a fraction of the cost in Pattaya. Need to check when he is there.

Best to have them checked BEFORE you go to Pattaya Dave so you can spot the difference!

Thanks for the help Nick, but i have done my research and the Pattaya/Bkk hospital seems to be highly recommended for the check but NOT for contacts/glasses.

Don't worry, I can enough to avoid 'Alans Town' AKA Boyz Town.

Don't worry, I can enough to avoid 'Alans Town' AKA Boyz Town.

As you may now not be going to Pattaya because of ATM card problems I have sent you some pictures from my private collection to add to yours. These were taken in Koh Samui 5 -6 years ago,I'm sure you will remember some of them:party1:
No need to say thanks
Boloa :D

As you may now not be going to Pattaya because of ATM card problems I have sent you some pictures from my private collection to add to yours. These were taken in Koh Samui 5 -6 years ago,I'm sure you will remember some of them:party1:
No need to say thanks
Boloa :D
Nice Yamaha VMax. All I remember of Samui is the washed out roads/crap electrical supply and Tropical Murphy's BUT I was sure glad I was there on Boxing Day 2004 as opposed to the other side of Thailand.
:Jump_Drool::Jump_Drool:

And I was there too Dave ,we might have even been sitting in the same bar,who would have thought even though we had never met we would both end up living in Surin.........its a small world.....!!!!
What Restaurant was the wife working in when you met her.!!!!

BTW The motorbike is a plastic mould,turn it round and it looks like a giant jelly mould.!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that would be a great Jelly for a Bike show!!!!!!

That was pre Sri times, mate. I was with Alan the Dude! AND Single :ILoveSex1:

BACK ON TOPIC. Card being sent to an English Address by N/Wide for onward posting to me here. Address form being sent today to NW.

Thanks Tony, But I imagine this taking weeks and weeks, mate. Alan the Dude doesn't mind helping me out, so its no problem

:001_Thank_You5:

You know what else i do sometimes, just use Paypal, its comes straight out of your Uk account and pop it in yer Thai one, i have 2 paypal accounts, one English one Thai....

Mmmm thats worth checking out(after I get from Pattaya), thanks Tony

Back