How much you need to get a visa for your Thai wife and children to enter UK

The Thai government say you need 400,000 Baht per annum to reside here as a married person.

The UK government say you need the equivalent of 850,000 Baht to live in Britain.

Would anyone actually dispute the logic of those figures.

I can rent a 3 bed house here for less than 5,000 Baht, in the UK more than 30,000 Baht.

I can buy a steak meal here for less than 200 Baht, in the UK over 700 Baht.

I can buy diesel here here for circa 30 Baht a litre, in the UK 65 Baht.

I can get a gardener for 250 Baht a day here, in the UK nearer 2,000 Baht (cash)

Alan the Builder could build me a 200 sqm house for 3.6m Baht, in the UK nearer to 9m Baht.

I could go on, but I feel I already have :wink:

I hear they are going to stop pensions for widowed wife's of UK x pats in a couple of months !
I beleve that if a UK gent weds a Thai lady she gets his pension when he dies , well this will all stop soon so I hear .

I hear they are going to stop pensions for widowed wife's of UK x pats in a couple of months !
I beleve that if a UK gent weds a Thai lady she gets his pension when he dies , well this will all stop soon so I hear .

I think it will stop from April 2016, If we want our widows to benefit, perhaps we had better depart before then!

I think that statement is a bit misleading in that a wife will no longer be eligible for the state pension BASED ON HER SPOUSES NI CONTRIBUTIONS.

As Iunderstand it, this applies to ALL wives whether they are English, Welsh, Thai, Mongolian etc.

The "Thai wife" bit in the newspapers/forums is just a bit of journalistic sensationalism.

The new principle (which sounds fair to me) is that an individual will only receive a state pension based on their OWN contributions. No doubt for UK wives there will be some form of 'credits' system.

The Thai government say you need 400,000 Baht per annum to reside here as a married person.

The UK government say you need the equivalent of 850,000 Baht to live in Britain.

Would anyone actually dispute the logic of those figures.

I can rent a 3 bed house here for less than 5,000 Baht, in the UK more than 30,000 Baht.

I can buy a steak meal here for less than 200 Baht, in the UK over 700 Baht.

I can buy diesel here here for circa 30 Baht a litre, in the UK 65 Baht.

I can get a gardener for 250 Baht a day here, in the UK nearer 2,000 Baht (cash)

Alan the Builder could build me a 200 sqm house for 3.6m Baht, in the UK nearer to 9m Baht.

I could go on, but I feel I already have :wink:

Isn't that 18000+ figure a gross income?

If so, the Thai figure and the UK figure will be even closer.

Back