Immigration makes the following annoucement: HOT!!!!!!!!

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
Immigration makes the following annoucement:

Announcement
According to the New Regulation from August 13, 2013,
when submitting application for Visa Extension if the validity of passport of the applicant is not longer than one year left before expiry,
the extension of stay will be permitted not exceeding the expired date of passport.
After the renewal of your passport of obtaining a new passport,
you have to re-apply for Visa Extension by submitting required document and paying extension fee ( 1,900 Baht ).
In case of overstay, the fine is 500 Baht per day.

Source: http://bangkok.immig....th/intro1.html

In the past when your passport expired, you would get a permission to stay until the expiry date of your passport. When you had a new passport you returned to immigration to transfer the details to the new passport and get the remainder of the extension of stay placed in your new passport for free.

The new policy means that now when you get a new passport because the old one has expired you have to apply for a new extension of stay, with all the accompanying paperwork and of course pay the usual extension fee of 1,900 baht.

This will mean more paperwork and a better preperation for people who's passport is about to expire.

From TV just in......

Just got a news alert about this change from Thai Visa on my private email.

Got Lost brought the news to me ahead of TV.....!!!ThumbUp6

If I get the new passport while outside Thailand, does that mean I re-enter without a Retirement Visa? (ie they won't recognise what is in my old passport?)

If I get the new passport while outside Thailand, does that mean I re-enter without a Retirement Visa? (ie they won't recognise what is in my old passport?)

The post talks about expiring passports. It would seem that if you renew your passport when there is more than a year left the there will be no problem.

The visa itself will still be valid. The extension of stay is the problem.

Looks like what they are saying is :" Your extension of stay will only be permitted up to the expiry date of your passport. When the extension date expires you need to apply again for a new extension."

If you have an extension for a whole year then this new rule will not effect you. So if you leave the country you will show both passports upon return. Your stamp will be placed in the new passport, provided you remembered the re entry permit. You then continue to stay in Thailand until the correct time for a new extension comes up. You may have to visit immigration to get the original dates put into your new passport too.

For those that always have the required documents at hand and leave the required money in the bank I can only see a minor inconvenience every 9 or so years, unless you renew your passport with 13 months vadility left. If you do this by post then the following extension you would take both passports and then would get the old dates transferred and the new 12 month stamp in your new passport.

By the way... renewing passports early will not be an issue for Brits as the Passport office add the remaining time onto the new passport, ie...my last passport came back with a 10 years and 9 months valid until date.

Just got a news alert about this change from Thai Visa on my private email.

Got Lost brought the news to me ahead of TV.....!!!ThumbUp6
John,
Immigration of Thailand reports to GL at Kap Choeng before any official announcements are released.
I have been there when Immig officers reported to him when they were leaving their post or transferring to another post.
GL information is really unbelievable - Didn't you know ?
:tongue:

John,
Immigration of Thailand reports to GL at Kap Choeng before any official announcements are released.
I have been there when Immig officers reported to him when they were leaving their post or transferring to another post.
GL information is really unbelievable - Didn't you know ?
:tongue:

Not just Royal Thai Immigration, Coffee, but also the Royal Thai Weather Forecasting Service!:wink::wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Kap Cheong Visa Requirements

I will be going to Kap cheong soon to extend my tourist visa for 30 days.

Please help me and tell me what are requirements .

From what I've heard.

2 ID photos
Passport valid for more than a year.
1900 Baht.

Is that correct.
No bank statement proofing a certain amount of funds.
No letter about why of what I am doing in Thailand.

Thank You.

I will be going to Kap cheong soon to extend my tourist visa for 30 days.

Please help me and tell me what are requirements .

From what I've heard.

2 ID photos
Passport valid for more than a year.
1900 Baht.

Is that correct.
No bank statement proofing a certain amount of funds.
No letter about why of what I am doing in Thailand.

Thank You.

Only requirement. If your on a 60 day Tourist Visa.

2 ID photos .
1900 Baht.

Back