immigration visit.

"If you don't know me by now"

Sorry to labour this GL, but where in this thread does it say " HE HAS ALWAYS HAD A SUNDAY ROAST.". other than your preceeding post....It does not.

Yes I know Gary has a regular Sunday Roast, I have been there and enjoyed it - but your original post rather leaves it open to the possibility that M&D had started Sunday Roasts (USA style)

This thread is based upon events which occurred yesterday -not Sunday.
I rest my case!
Pity the immigration people did not show up on Sunday - a nice free roast may have avoided the fine!

Nick, remember the song by Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes ?
Yes, it could be GL's theme song T.I.C.

If you don't understand the point Coffee is trying to make just ask Co-Co to assist in shedding the light for you.

When you have time pick up a copy of 'Bleak House' by Dickens and maybe you can assist me in understanding the nuances of proper English language.

Don't leave me this way ?

Nicely covered by Jimmy Somerville/Communards.

If you don't know me by now ?

Brilliantly covered by Simply Red

No mate it was a friend from Surin who was just checking in for one night leaving his passport at the Majestic.

That is a bit harsh.

They could at least have given you a couple of hours to get it.....

Hey-ho

Did he have any other form of identification with him

No mate it was a friend from Surin who was just checking in for one night leaving his passport at the Majestic.

Couldn't a call be made to the Majestic to provide the passport information they have on record for his check-in and registration at that location ?

After all, within our native-home countries we must be able to provide identification if stopped by 'authorities' , correct ?

Couldn't a call be made to the Majestic to provide the passport information they have on record for his check-in and registration at that location ?

After all, within our native-home countries we must be able to provide identification if stopped by 'authorities' , correct ?

NO.Cry3.

Would one assume...

..that Ryans scoffs at the Thai rule of law and is a harbour of undocumented aliens within the Kingdom ???

No, I don't believe that assumption (or at least I hope not.)

I believe KCI can make the extra effort unless Ryan's had been peviously forewarned and is refusing to stay in compliance.

Sorry, you can say what you want about Thai 'official-dom'...maybe B 3,000 was just a gratuity which should have been touched prior.

If authority wants to make a problem for you , they will. If they don't, they won't.
It's a simple fact.

Maybe there is more to the story...as there usually is.

It's up to you (Mr Farang) to supply the right answer ('palm-suasion').
Nothing wrong with 'tip-ping'...it isn't just a city in China T.I.C.

I mean really ,Got Lost , look at you in a good way.
You got banned by a farang forum ...yet, KCI adores you Bow5
Just WTF does that say T.I.C.

..that Ryans scoffs at the Thai rule of law and is a harbour of undocumented aliens within the Kingdom ???

No, I don't believe that assumption (or at least I hope not.)

I believe KCI can make the extra effort unless Ryan's had been peviously forewarned and is refusing to stay in compliance.

Sorry, you can say what you want about Thai 'official-dom'...maybe B 3,000 was just a gratuity which should have been touched prior.

If authority wants to make a problem for you , they will. If they don't, they won't.
It's a simple fact.

Maybe there is more to the story...as there usually is.

It's up to you (Mr Farang) to supply the right answer ('palm-suasion').
Nothing wrong with 'tip-ping'...it isn't just a city in China T.I.C.

I mean really ,Got Lost , look at you in a good way.
You got banned by a farang forum ...yet, KCI adores you Bow5
Just WTF does that say T.I.C.

Gary does not scoff at the law. :smile:Times are changing and fast.ThumbUp6KCI has some 60 new IO's in the past month or so and they are not hear on a vacation.//flag I would look for them to be making appearances in other institutions. Gary got caught with his nickers down.T.I.C. It's not a big deal and NO its was not a tea money contribution. Many years back in a land far away I had to cough up a 5000 baht fine for having a non duty paid battle of alcohol on site, that taught me. Gary got a discount.ThumbUp6

If I am over night away from home I will always carry my passport. However, while in Surin I will only carry a copy of the front pages of my passport in my wallet. The Thai driver's license is as good as a passport around town.

If I am over night away from home I will always carry my passport. However, while in Surin I will only carry a copy of the front pages of my passport in my wallet. The Thai driver's license is as good as a passport around town.

Up to u but that is where you can get into trouble.Cry3. This country is still under marshal law.ThumbUp6

I carry my passport whenever I report to Kab Cheong (obviously) and whenever I leave Surin district. Whilst within Surin, I have a copy of the important page of my passport plus a copy of my current visa extension and (if I remember) a copy of my latest 90 check in report receipt under the sun viser (no pun intended) of the truck. However there are times when I am not in the vicinity of the truck.

Up to the present time I have not been asked to show my passport (or a copy) within the Surin boundary but of course I have been many times outside the Surin Province (my truck is licenced in Surin).

I carry my passport whenever I report to Kab Cheong (obviously) and whenever I leave Surin district. Whilst within Surin, I have a copy of the important page of my passport plus a copy of my current visa extension and (if I remember) a copy of my latest 90 check in report receipt under the sun viser (no pun intended) of the truck. However there are times when I am not in the vicinity of the truck.

Up to the present time I have not been asked to show my passport (or a copy) within the Surin boundary but of course I have been many times outside the Surin Province (my truck is licenced in Surin).

What people are forgetting is that by Thai law a hotel is required to report all foreigners staying at their establishment to immigration within 24 hours and as such that foreigner must have on him/her a passport. By a guest not doing this cost a forum sponsor 3600 baht. Now I know Gary will enough that this will not happen again. Thai DL DOES NOT CUT IT or DO COPIES of ones passport.

What people are forgetting is that by Thai law a hotel is required to report all foreigners staying at their establishment to immigration within 24 hours and as such that foreigner must have on him/her a passport.

I haven't forgotten that. I've known that for over 10 years!

Y (although not blessed with an excellent memory)

This has just surfaced on TV and is now becoming a real enforcement.
Check out the thread below.

From immigration act of 1979.
Section 38 : The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned. If there is no Immigration Office located in that area , the local police official for that area must be notified.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/745069-all-foreignors-in-villas-to-register-with-immig-now/

I am not married or in a legal arrangement recognised in Thailand.
I have a yellow tabian baan (spelling ??)
I am on an annual retirement visa extension with 90 day reporting.

Reading the Thai Visa thread as it currently stands it is unclear whether any additional reporting needs to take place.

I am guessing not as my address is re confirmed every 90 days at KCI

I am not married or in a legal arrangement recognised in Thailand.
I have a yellow tabian baan (spelling ??)
I am on an annual retirement visa extension with 90 day reporting.

Reading the Thai Visa thread as it currently stands it is unclear whether any additional reporting needs to take place.

I am guessing not as my address is re confirmed every 90 days at KCI

You are 100% covered Colin.

Does this law regard to private dwellings as well? Say that I stay at my in laws house do they have to report a foreigner is staying there. I can only imagine the bureaucracy in tracking all foreigners at any one time. I know what all this is for. I think a few bad apples has caused this.

Last edited:
Back