Immigration warns homeowners they have 24hrs to report foreign guests

Can you imagine the kind of supercomputer needed to track these 25 million transponders. First input the proper information for each transponder and than collecting them and deleting them when the tourists leave the country ... it is jobcreating anyway ...

I was 24 hours late in notifying a dump and the officials running the cistern just couldn't cope and it got totally backed up.

Can you imagine the kind of supercomputer needed to track these 25 million transponders. First input the proper information for each transponder and than collecting them and deleting them when the tourists leave the country ... it is jobcreating anyway ...

You need an even bigger super computer and a legion of data inputers to follow 100 million inputs from the paper trail. It was bad enough when I had to stocktake hundreds of thousands of 20mm and 30mm ammunition in an RAF bomb dump. And because of the 0% permited discrepancy the number of recounts and investigations were legion. Imagine doing the same with 100,000,000 plus foreigners' reports each year, probably with multiple spellings for their foreign names. Just think of all those Chinese and Japanese visitors with logograms - characters - how the FF (flying fcuk) do you track those?

Just noise. Unenforceable noise.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to have farangs living in max security camps, that way they can be monitored and the happy people of Thailand can live in peace forever and ever.

Just noise. Unenforceable noise.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to have farangs living in max security camps, that way they can be monitored and the happy people of Thailand can live in peace forever and ever.

The happy people of Thailand are rarely happy these days. They mainly dont like us foreigners, but would be less happy if they weren't getting their hands on our money in one way or another, legal or otherwise.

wife just tried to notify KCI of my arrival but could not as system failure, apparently it is down across the whole country, she was given a contact number to call tomorrow to see if system back up.

wife just tried to notify KCI of my arrival but could not as system failure, apparently it is down across the whole country, she was given a contact number to call tomorrow to see if system back up.

You do not call she has to turn in a T M 30 forum on you after that she may get access. You need to make a trip back to Surin Immigration to do this. Also be aware that she may be fined for not reporting you early. This fine is on her but it comes out of your pocket.;):D

Last edited:
At long last I am beginning to see the major benefits of the 50,000baht I paid 27 years ago (big money then) for my daughter and I to have Residents Permits. Due to a change in the law, my daughter obtained Thai citizenship automatically when she was 17.

Making things easer...

Ankle_Bracelet_GPS_Tracker_foot.jpg

After seeing this today for the first time, why did I immediately think of Monty Python....

Back