Insect farming

Not sure what type of insects you are wanting to farm. But a guy in our village spent a lot of money and had quite a large set up rearing crickets. within a few weeks every other household in the village was doing it,albeit on a smaller scale. This dilutes the guys market, and nobody makes any money.

Not sure what type of insects you are wanting to farm. But a guy in our village spent a lot of money and had quite a large set up rearing crickets. within a few weeks every other household in the village was doing it,albeit on a smaller scale. This dilutes the guys market, and nobody makes any money.

Similar thing happened in my locality, with many jumping on the bandwagon. Those raising the crickets soon found out their sale was "controlled" by mafia figures! Most now disbanded.

This is true with any retail business. How many times have you seen a row of shoe shops, for example? And if somebody does well with a general shop in a village, for sure somebody else will open one a few doors along.

This is true with any retail business. How many times have you seen a row of shoe shops, for example? And if somebody does well with a general shop in a village, for sure somebody else will open one a few doors along.

I was in Saigon a couple of weeks back,and came across a street with all the shops selling Safes, must have been 150 mtr's long. They were all stocked from floor to ceiling hundreds, on each premises, they even flowed out onto the pavement.
Every one also had a very bored looking owner sitting on his plastic chair outside.

Thanks for all the reply's. As with any business if it looks good people will jump on the band wagon, just have to be better and more efficient.
I was looking at crickets and silk worm lava.
Thailand is one of the biggest consumers of edible insects so I think its worth investigating.

this is the way to go

Attachments

• 2014-11-08 17.06.17.jpg
    2014-11-08 17.06.17.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 2014-11-08 17.07.21.jpg
    2014-11-08 17.07.21.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Back