Interesting....

We had a few storms a while back with strong winds .I had a few ridge tiles blow off.Just received 500 Baht from the village Disaster Fund from the Government to pay for the damage :Gift3:

Foreigners’ right to property was the final topic, with officials listing the requirements for owning and buying condos. Additionally, the spouse of a Thai person can inherit one rai of land for residential or commercial purposes or 10 rai of agricultural land if their Thai spouse dies. If the spouse held more than the requirement, then the foreign partner has one year to sell or to give away. Thai children can inherit from their parents, and foreign parents can buy land for their children if they are minors but must apply for a court ruling before purchasing.

CONFUSED.
Does this mean that a foreigner CAN obtain 'ownership' of 1 rai/10 rai ?
I thought ANY property inherited by a foreigner had to be disposed of within 12 months.

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]This info obtained from Sukhothai Inter Law - Land Code & Condominium Act[/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]

<b> [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]APPLICATION FOR ACQUISITION OF LAND OR CONDOMINIUM UNITS BY ALIENS AND PERSONS CONNECTED WITH ALIENS[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]
1. Application by Aliens for Acquisition of Land

Nowadays, an alien may apply for acquisition of land in Thailand in (three cases)as follows:

This is the relevant one
[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]1.1 Receiving inheritance as a statutory heir under section 93 of the Land Code, in this instance, the total area including the land which has already been acquired (or has not yet been acquired) shall not exceed that specified in section 87 of the Land Code, i.e. not more than 1 rai for a residential purpose; [/FONT]​
</b>
[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]This info obtained from Sukhothai Inter Law - Land Code & Condominium Act[/FONT] [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]

<b> [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]APPLICATION FOR ACQUISITION OF LAND OR CONDOMINIUM UNITS BY ALIENS AND PERSONS CONNECTED WITH ALIENS[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]
1. Application by Aliens for Acquisition of Land

Nowadays, an alien may apply for acquisition of land in Thailand in (three cases)as follows:

This is the relevant one
[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]1.1 Receiving inheritance as a statutory heir under section 93 of the Land Code, in this instance, the total area including the land which has already been acquired (or has not yet been acquired) shall not exceed that specified in section 87 of the Land Code, i.e. not more than 1 rai for a residential purpose; [/FONT]​
</b>
[/FONT]

Does that mean if you have a house on under 1 Rai of land ,when the wife dies it can be yours then :?
Anybody know a contract killer,I'll go to 50k max :D

Does that mean if you have a house on under 1 Rai of land ,when the wife dies it can be yours then :?
Anybody know a contract killer,I'll go to 50k max :D

It certainly appears that way.

I don't think contract killing is part of Prakhonchai Finance's remit. (not for 50K anyway!!!)

It certainly appears that way.

I don't think contract killing is part of Prakhonchai Finance's remit. (not for 50K anyway!!!)

Only joking about the contract killing Nick:D ( just in case the Police are reading this ), but for all you lads that have a big house on land bigger than 1 rai :Finger4::Finger4::Finger4:

Only joking about the contract killing Nick:D ( just in case the Police are reading this ), but for all you lads that have a big house on land bigger than 1 rai :Finger4::Finger4::Finger4:

My house and garage and shop is on 1 rai, the second rai is seperated by a rock wall, just for growing things...... that will work.......

Somewere to bury them too! :Grin_Jump1:.

I was under the impression that if you inherit land, as a farang you must then sell it/transfer it into a Thai's name within an agree term.

I heard that htere was a farang up here some where that got land in a divorce. He had to sell it, but the court gave him the land and house.

Dave,

Do you now think differently after this article ?

No I don't Ray but I DO think its great the matters are being discussed.

I would fear giving up British citizenship because Thailand doesn't recognise duel and f@ck that about learning to sing the Thai National Anthem. No chance, springs to mind!

If the unfortunate situation happened and I was left without wife and having the possibility of being homeless. I would seriously consider bringing a substitute Mrs DtD version3 WITH THE AGREEMENT OF THE RELITIVES who live around us.

I already have a few candidates in mind!!!!!!!!:ILoveSex1::CumOnFace:

If the unfortunate situation happened and I was left without wife and having the possibility of being homeless. I would seriously consider bringing a substitute Mrs DtD version3 WITH THE AGREEMENT OF THE RELITIVES who live around us.

Don't we all!:10:

No I don't Ray but I DO think its great the matters are being discussed.

I would fear giving up British citizenship because Thailand doesn't recognise duel and f@ck that about learning to sing the Thai National Anthem. No chance, springs to mind!

I am confused here, you think that the relitives would let you keep the house....but it appears with this new information you can have it anyway and don't need version 3, just a bunch of subs.......

Mike
The land cannot and probably will not ever be able to be transfered into a farang name, so another Thai name is needed and I think I would feel better if it were someone I knew well and was also married too( maybe from the same village even????). Thats only my personal feeling because I live in a close community with Sri's relatives around us.

The land cannot and probably will not ever be able to be transfered into a farang name, so another Thai name is needed and I think I would feel better if it were someone I knew well

I have told this before but i will repeat it .I had a friend in Koh Samui whose wife died of cancer.Her family arrive and he said as a good will gift he would give the 100k to sign all the legal documents to transfer the house into his name.He wanted to sell the house as he had some beach land and wanted to build a house on it.The family then demanded 500k and he said" no "and took them to court.The Judge sided with him and the family had to sign the paper work and got sweet FA.He then had I year to sell the house ,which he did and now lives in his new beach-side house with a girl from Sisaket.:Beer1:

Fair enough it would be hard to sell a house in the village but if my wife died and I found someone new I wouldn't give a fcuk about the family and what they said,also maybe the new girlfriend wouldn't want the hassle of living in a house surrounded by ex in-laws,so maybe would have to find a local village girl.As Dave ,I have an eye on a few just in case:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back