Interesting....

I have told this before but i will repeat it .I had a friend in Koh Samui whose wife died of cancer.Her family arrive and he said as a good will gift he would give the 100k to sign all the legal documents to transfer the house into his name.He wanted to sell the house as he had some beach land and wanted to build a house on it.The family then demanded 500k and he said" no "and took them to court.The Judge sided with him and the family had to sign the paper work and got sweet FA.He then had I year to sell the house ,which he did and now lives in his new beach-side house with a girl from Sisaket.:Beer1:

Fair enough it would be hard to sell a house in the village but if my wife died and I found someone new I wouldn't give a fcuk about the family and what they said,also maybe the new girlfriend wouldn't want the hassle of living in a house surrounded by ex in-laws,so maybe would have to find a local village girl.As Dave ,I have an eye on a few just in case:D

Have you studied the inheritance laws in Thailand, that is why I suggest keeping it close to home.

The info you give above is not a suprise to me but I STILL believe a farang can own things above/on the ground BUT NEVER THE ACTUAL LAND, That could and probably would go straight past YOu and onto the family.

Back