Is sugar cane a burning issue?

M

Mimarlar

It's that time of the year again. Smoke billowing high into the sky, the roar and crackle of angry flames. Yes they're at it again. Adding to pollution and global warming. Covering everything with carbon ash. I wish they would not do this. The mechanical harvesters cost too much and erode the farmers profit. Defoliating by hand takes too long. The incentives offered by for unburned cane by the sugar cane mills are small. There is no help from the government......or is there?

In Brazil (2nd largest sugar cane grower in the world) burning has been outlawed. Can anyone tell me what is the situation in Thailand?

It's that time of the year again. Smoke billowing high into the sky, the roar and crackle of angry flames. Yes they're at it again. Adding to pollution and global warming. Covering everything with carbon ash. I wish they would not do this. The mechanical harvesters cost too much and erode the farmers profit. Defoliating by hand takes too long. The incentives offered by for unburned cane by the sugar cane mills are small. There is no help from the government......or is there?

In Brazil (2nd largest sugar cane grower in the world) burning has been outlawed. Can anyone tell me what is the situation in Thailand?

Has to be a spammer no issue at all.

ybe

I see no burning issue in Issan. Chiang Mai Northen Thailand maybe on rice but not in our area.

Do to the lack of any government the people have other things on their minds and burning of any vegetation is not one of them. Burning the opposition is.//flag

When cane is cut green by hand there is the very real risk of Weils disease - caused by contacting rats piss. This is why it is burned.

Generally speaking growing and burning cane is carbon neutral.

The cane, like all plants, absorb carbon dioxide for the photosynthesis process which allows them to grow.

Any burning later in the plants life returns a percentage of the "carbon" to the atmosphere.

An equally "Burning Issue" with the sugar cane is the trucks that congest the 24 between Nang Rong and Prasat every year for seemingly months on end. They creep along the road in convoys, hold everyone up, and every so often (very often) topple over and spill the cane all over the carriageway!

An equally "Burning Issue" with the sugar cane is the trucks that congest the 24 between Nang Rong and Prasat every year for seemingly months on end. They creep along the road in convoys, hold everyone up, and every so often (very often) topple over and spill the cane all over the carriageway!

FORKING daily ocurance.

Nick you forgot to mention all those that don't have ANY rear lights at night

Back