Is this legal, what are your views.

S

SANGKA

I found this on thaivisa .com

Header-V6.jpg

Need a Retirement Visa? You want it fast?
We can get you a Retirement Visa in a single business day!
Renewal or first applicant - we can deal with it, quick and easy!
Nationally available service!
Don’t believe it?
We offer a 100% money back guarantee!

What’s needed from you?
1.You need to be at least 50 years old You need to have a passport with one year validity
2 .You don't have 800,000 baht in your bank accountYou qualify!
3.Call our English speaking consultants now!

[SIZE=+0]or visit our website at www.expressvisathai.com[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
We all know that TVN is always above board and never takes an add that is illegal.f**k_Dog

This is under their FAQ'S

Q. How to apply for Thailand retirement visa?A. To be eligible for the Thai retirement visa, you must have a Thai bank account and a statement from the bank which proves that you have had a balance of at least 800,000 THB 2 months before your apply for the Thailand retirement visa.

It's legal in the sense that the visa so obtained will be perfectly valid. It's illegal in the sense that money (or something of value) will have changed hands under the table.

I used to know a guy who could get visas (I can't specify what type) for a small fee, without the applicant having to fulfil any of the normal conditions. I think he's dead now, but in case not, I'm still cautious about giving any details by which he might be identified! I used his services to get visa extensions for someone who was terminally ill.

This type of company is 2 a penny in Pattaya and like any important transaction or employing a contractor, I'd go with recommendation from someone who has used a particular company.MonkeyFight Incase you want a recommendation; I don't do that sort of thing on open forum

These firms get round the money side of things by obtaining a guarantee to the bank where THEY hold 800,000b in thier bank account and use it for one day in customers name. I must add that this is only what I believe happens, I have no proof or evidence that I am correct but I do know people who have successfully used this type of service.

"Legal" is a fluid term in Thailand !

As IB has pointed out, whatever practice you choose to call it, you will end up with a valid retirement stamp.

There is a guy in my area doing it for 22,000 Baht (a little bit higher than the Pattaya outfits).

I know a farang woman who obtained the Retirement Visa without the required sum in a Thai bank. Cost around 25,000bt in Pattaya.

there is someone doing it sattahip too, cost about 22,000 baht.
now having said that was in chanthaburi immigration office about a month ago getting letter of residence, and was talking to the lady doing the stuff and she said for retirement they will accept evidence of income from embassy if it equalled the required amount.
but the best part was she said I had to be 50, maybe it's the hair lmao
anyway there are lots of places that will get ya one

I know a farang woman who obtained the Retirement Visa without the required sum in a Thai bank. Cost around 25,000bt in Pattaya.

I know a couple of people who have gone this route because they can't be arsed dealing with immigration. Money is not an issue, they can easily show the required funds/income, but they are not prepared to deal with Thai bureaucracy for the sake of 30 odd Quid a month.

I think the 22,000 divides into 2,000 (1,900) for the visa and 20,000 for the service fee.

there are lots of folks getting vias via 3rd party companies as long as you get the visa then all ok, now how can I look 50 lol

They can get you a retirement visa or renewal in a day and it cost you 20,000 Baht plus, big deal. I usually get mine in 15 minutes and it only cost me 1,900 Baht! Sorry, but people circumventing the system need to be castrated, they are only making life more difficult for those of us who follow the rules.

They can get you a retirement visa or renewal in a day and it cost you 20,000 Baht plus, big deal. I usually get mine in 15 minutes and it only cost me 1,900 Baht! Sorry, but people circumventing the system need to be castrated, they are only making life more difficult for those of us who follow the rules.

I agree with you on this. For the present these people are getting way with it but in the future this will go by the wayside like the 30 day send your passport ona holiday to get a new visa exempt stamp.

Back