Kasikorn Bank - Account Type

Yorky

Fullritis Member
I have had personal accounts with Kasikorn Bank in Surin for 20 plus years.

Today on logging on to the bank's website this morning I noted that my account type has been changed to "Business Account". I did not request this nor was I informed of the change. I am not qualified to hold a business account.

Has anyone had the same changes?

I have emailed them for clarification.

[Edit: "Due to a large number of emails received at the moment, it may cause the delay in services provided through email channel."]

The above automatic response has been in place for at least 12 months. It must be time to rectify whatever is the problem.

Last edited:
I too have a Savings account shown under the heading Business Account.

Previously I was able to see the total of all deposits that I had a connection to in Kasikorn, plus the current balance of each account. That facility seems to have disappeared. One was a joint account used to pay electric bills, and as a joint account I was denied online access, yet could check the current balance. Now with "progress" that facility has disappeared!

Last edited:
I too have a Savings account shown under the heading Business Account.

Previously I was able to see the total of all deposits that I had a connection to in Kasikorn, plus the current balance of each account. That facility seems to have disappeared. One was a joint account used to pay electric bills, and as a joint account I was denied online access, yet could check the curent balance. Now with "progress" that facility has disappeared!

I still have the facility to "view" details of my joint deposit account on-line plus my other savings accounts.

I can visualise possible problems as it currently stands.

If the "bank letter" proving my balance in the savings account for Immigration purposes indicates a "business account", the IO could enquire as to what business I am involved in given that I am applying for an extension of stay based upon my retirement.

If I require services at the Robinson's sub-branch an observant cashier may be concerned that I have business accounts yet I have not provided a "Certificate of Registration" as required by the bank rules.

TiT.

May I ask how you access that facility

I just log in to K-Plus/K-Biz the way that I have done for years and it shows two savings accounts and one fixed deposit (joint) account balances.

1699863723553.png

I have had a response from Kasikorn

"According to your inquiry regarding the email, if you meant “Business Account” that show above Total Available Balance, we would like to inform you that it is only the display format of K BIZ service and it is not the type of your account. The account type cannot be changed unless to open the new account instead. We apologize for any inconvenience."

Last edited:
I have managed to find the account balances on K PLUS, on my mobile, but not on my PC as before.

On the K Plus page, click Investment, then My Port, and all becomes visible. But Kasikorn are moving away from PC users, just as SCB have done!

I have managed to find the account balances on K PLUS, on my mobile, but not on my PC as before.

On the K Plus page, click Investment, then My Port, and all becomes visible. But Kasikorn are moving away from PC users, just as SCB have done!

Talk to K Bank, they should be able to 'connect' it. Staff at Jomtien branch said I couldn't connect my new account there with my Prakhonchai accounts. fortunately, I had already spoken to HQ who said I could.........Jomtien branch saw the light.......

Back