Land prices

rob.doc

Surin Legend
whats the going rate for land suitable for housebuilding
in the outlying towns and villages ?
been looking on the forum and seen threads from a year ago.

the prices then talked about seem a lot cheaper than what ive seen so far now.
the best ive seen is a plot in Lamduan around 900sqm, 2wai, 3ngan, (is that correct ?)
the lady selling was asking 360kB 6 weeks ago, but after i showed some interest,
inflated the price to 400k.

at 360k is that what i can expect to pay ?

cheers

Rob

Maybe yes, maybe no. That price (400,000) could be reasonable for a building plot at slightly more than one half rai in size...IF...this "building plot" has been filled, allowed to settle, filled, allowed to settle, etc etc etc.
Many questions about this... is the land above the street for proper drainage..is there power and water to, or close to, the plot already. Is it ready to start building after transfer of ownership.
What about ownership? What kind of deed is on it now? Are there large costs involved to "clear" the deed to put in your missus' name?
I understand you are new to this, but asking the price of land or pretty much anything will involve quite a lot of details about the specifics. If you don't already know it, it ain't going to be really easy.
Good luck, and keep your wits about you. Remember, you cant just build on a rice paddy.

Mario299:confused:

Last edited:
cheers joe
the land will need some groundwork to take it up 3 or 4 feet
there are services close by.

when i went and measured the plot the size was bigger than
the deed says.
then when the guy who sold the land to this lady last year heard
she was selling to me, he piped in and said the lands marked wrong.

the lady says she will have it surveyed to confirm the boundaries,
but it has put me off a bit !!!

for the sheer cheek of the inlflated selling price because you are a round eye, tell her to eat shit.

Be patient. Something that you will find reasonable will come along in the end. Dont ask for an average price because that is not possible mate.

cheers joe
the land will need some groundwork to take it up 3 or 4 feet
there are services close by.

when i went and measured the plot the size was bigger than
the deed says.
then when the guy who sold the land to this lady last year heard
she was selling to me, he piped in and said the lands marked wrong.

the lady says she will have it surveyed to confirm the boundaries,
but it has put me off a bit !!!

In our area when title to deed is changed the District Office sends a survey crew to confirm measurements, and there are permanent stakes in the ground denoting the boundaries. It definitely should be the same as the deed reads. When you measured, and found it different in size, different than what? How big the lady said it was that she was selling? And the guy that piped in says the land's marked wrong? Marked wrong by whom and when?

My, My. Many questions. Go slow about this one. Does your lady or her family know this land? Ask a lot of questions.
WTF1

the land was maybe a couple of hundred square meters bigger than deed states.
but im going to wait see what else becomes available.
everyone knows everyone here, but to what extent her family knows this lady
i dont know.
the missus is happy to wait too.
we are renting a nice wee place at a knockdown rate, so we are in no hurry

cheers

Just a tale of caution from my own experience. Was shown land, liked it, I asked about a worn track going thru the side of the land going to houses at the back of ours,
was told by the owner,s rep and a Farang local (%3) I knew that "No worries they can use the other entry they have on the other Soi"

I had a solicitor check everything except this worn track and yes the long and the short of it I lost 3 mtrs X 70 Mtrs.. of my land. Lucky its 2 1/2 Rai and I got it at a good price and more land than I originaly wanted But thats not the piont.. Then the cheeky bugger asked me to concrete it, after I stopped laughing I said why should I do that?? Exact words was " You Rich Man" I just walked away laughing...

Beware of everything and everyone............. Get it in writting......

yeah the amount of times ive walked to her mama's house and had strangers
approach and say "you buy me whisky"

the missus tends to be very stern with them and warns them off !
she's small but she's feisty !!!!

thanks for the warning

They are probably relatives looking for the Lao-Kow (thai whiskey). give them 20 baht and tell them to F off they will be back in 20 minutes for more......

Just a word of warning about 'village' land in Surin - a lot of it is in hock and the deeds are not held by the owner. The deeds are held by the person who lent the money. A few years ago my wife was trying to buy a plot of land in her village - a contingency fall-back plan - and we had to walk away from several plots. The price tends to go up when they know that the lady is a 'falang wife' and when we asked to see the title deeds various stories were given but no deeds. Always ask to see the deeds and make sure they have not been re-mortgaged to someone else. Get the deeds checked out by the Land Office too. Never part with any money without the proper title deeds certified by the Land Office. There are too many 'shady' deals going on in these parts!

In my opinion these prices are ridiculous and not sustainable.

One rai of farmland @ 500k - looking for a yield of 5% - would need to generate a net sum of 25,000 Baht !!!

Have to agree with that...c'mon 500,000 per rai? And the price for selling rice still stays at 12/kilo? There's a thread running on "another forum" about land for sale in NangRong at 1,000,000. A couple guys (newbies) going back and forth about how true this value/price is.
I'm not sure, but I think a tour of "real-estate dudes" just arrived and have joined the local forums to make a little money. Maybe it's just me, but 500,000 baht/rai for farmland?
Okay, call me a cynic.
Ignore1

Thaikhadai is not a newbie, Mario. He's been around longer than the forum, several times recycled. He should know what's what, not that that means he's necessarily right.

Well-spotted IB.

I had to look at a couple of other posts for confirmation, but you are right - Jeff is back! Agreed1

and just like Surin elephants, I can never forget the disgusting remarks he made about my friends and family.

Your card is marked,sir!

No he's much uglier in real life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back